Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Passing arguments to customized makefile Post 302890064 by yifangt on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 02:51:32 AM
Old 02-25-2014
Passing arguments to customized makefile

Hello,
How to pass arguments to make thru command line? Have read this and that threads, but still not clear. My customized Makefile as:
Code:
# convert_program.mk:
run:
    bash bash_srcipt.sh 
clean:
    rm ${OUT_PATH}/result.txt

What I intend is to run like this:
Code:
$ make -f convert_progam.mk run --infile_path=/home/path/to/infile --outfile_path=/home/path/to/outfile

to pass the "infile_path" and "outfile_path" to my bash_script.sh.
How to accomplish this?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited by yifangt; 02-28-2014 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: expression not accurate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing arguments

I'm trying to pass a filename, or all the files in the current directory to the ls command with a script. Unsuccessful so far, here are a few of my attempts: #!/bin/ksh read fname #if (( $# > 0 )); then $fname | ls -l #fi this produces a long listing of all the files in my current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a script

I've written a script (bgrep) for a more advanced grep command (& attached a cut down version below). I'm trying allow all grep options to be used, or in any combination. The script works fine if I type say bgrep -i -files product it will return a non-case sensitive list of matches for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Pryke
3 Replies

3. Programming

Passing parameter to makefile?

Hi, How to pass parameter to makefile? Please let me know if any one knows and also please put an example of makefile with this feature. thanks, Manju. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju_p
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Arguments-Help

Hi, I have a script which adds the user credentials to an ldap server. Im passing the variables as below.. /path/my_script $uname $pwd $environ ${deposit} If i enter some special characters like ';' in $pwd, script returns an error which is set to display if the user enters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments

Hi I have a script to which I pass multiple arguments, for example lets say the script name is "abc". I run the script like ./abc def /file <directory location> In the above "def" is the first argument and "/file" is the second argument. I expect <directory location> that is passed after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing arguments

I need to pass arguments to a shell script.My batch is calling some java program. ################# x=$1 y=$2 java -classpath program ################### if first parameter and second parameter is null then java -classpath program if first parameter is not null and second parameter is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments--Error

Hi, i have a file.txt with data Bangalore Chennai Hyd filename of the script is: new.sh result=`cat file.txt | grep $1` if then echo pass else echo fail fi i am executing the file in the cmd line as "sh new.sh Bangalore" o/p is pass if i give "sh new.sh delhi" o/p is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass arguments to makefile using script

Hi, I want to run a target of makfile using script by passing different arguments to it again n again. I i need to grep certain things from the log file. eg make abc KAB=8 BAC=8 >& KAB_BAC.log grep "timeA" KAB_BAC.log grep "timeB" KAB_BAC.log (i want to store the difference of the two time... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
0 Replies

10. Programming

Processing Arguments pased to Makefile

I have a makefile and want to allow passing -01 -02 -03 for the user to define the level of optimization he wants. Doing this gets make to send an error. make -03 make: invalid option -- '0' make: invalid option -- '3' Usage: make ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)