Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can we re-mount the RAM disk automatically after the reboot on AIX? Post 302889998 by blackrageous on Monday 24th of February 2014 04:56:28 PM
Old 02-24-2014
You can place an entry in the /etc/inittab or use /etc/rc.d directories and place in whatever run-level directory you want (probably 2)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM, Hard Disk

Hi, I work in a production support environment. All our PROD machines SPARC machines and Solaris O/S. I want to know how to find out what the hard disk size, RAM size etc. of our PROD machines. Please let me know if there is any way to find out this (other than from system administrator). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramaraju
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount Points at reboot

How do I make a mount point reconnect at boot without editing /etc/fstab? Is there an option (or switch) to make this persistent when issuing the mount command from a client? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXdumb455
1 Replies

3. AIX

Automatically mounting a filesystem after a reboot

Hi All, I am new to AIX. I am having problems mounting a filesystem after a system reboot. Steps: 1. Create and Map LUN to host 2. On the host, to detect/configure the LUN: /usr/sbin/cfgmgr 3. Create a filesystem: mkfs -V vxfs /dev/hdisk757 4. Create a mountpoint: mkdir -p... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: austin4397
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Some NFSs don't mount after reboot

Hi, Couple weeks ago we patched our Solaris 10 systems. I am not sure if this problem is caused by patching: Some NFSs don't mount after reboot. Manual mount is working fine. /etc/vfstab has no problem. What could be the cause? Thanks in advance! :) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to automatically reboot to newly compiled kernel with fallback

Hi, I'm new here. Just started playing around with kernel compilation. I need a little bit of advice. I'm trying to do a bash script to automatically compile a kernel package and reboot to that new kernel by default, with fallback to the old kernel. So far, I'm getting stuck at the part... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tridus_08
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to automatically mount external usb hard disk

hi all, I have a debian lenny 5.0 server without GNOME installed. the server is at a customer's premise. I want to backup data from the server to the external usb hard disk. the backup will start at e.g 01:00 everyday. the user will plug the drive before going home. also the user will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Samba won't mount after reboot...please help

I am able to mount samba but it just won't mount when i reboot system what is stopping it from mounting after reboot? I mounted before reboot but right after reboot...i ran mount # mount /dev/mapper/vg_sda2-lv_root on / type ext4 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script before and after reboot automatically and send output to two locations.

Hello Team . I am working a health check script ( bash) to run on linux server ( RedHat) and requirements are 1. The o/p of script need to be send to two diff files . I am testing with tee command . But I am not successful yet , any recommendations if that is the right approach ? 2. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8) 			   systemd-cryptsetup-generator 			   SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-cryptsetup-generator - Unit generator for /etc/crypttab SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-cryptsetup-generator is a generator that translates /etc/crypttab into native systemd units early at boot and when configuration of the system manager is reloaded. This will create systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8) units as necessary. systemd-cryptsetup-generator implements systemd.generator(7). KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-cryptsetup-generator understands the following kernel command line parameters: luks=, rd.luks= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", disables the generator entirely. rd.luks= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.crypttab=, rd.luks.crypttab= Takes a boolean argument. Defaults to "yes". If "no", causes the generator to ignore any devices configured in /etc/crypttab (luks.uuid= will still work however). rd.luks.crypttab= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.crypttab= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.uuid=, rd.luks.uuid= Takes a LUKS superblock UUID as argument. This will activate the specified device as part of the boot process as if it was listed in /etc/crypttab. This option may be specified more than once in order to set up multiple devices. rd.luks.uuid= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.uuid= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. If /etc/crypttab contains entries with the same UUID, then the name, keyfile and options specified there will be used. Otherwise, the device will have the name "luks-UUID". If /etc/crypttab exists, only those UUIDs specified on the kernel command line will be activated in the initrd or the real root. luks.name=, rd.luks.name= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a name. This implies rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid= and will additionally make the LUKS device given by the UUID appear under the provided name. rd.luks.name= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.name= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.options=, rd.luks.options= Takes a LUKS super block UUID followed by an "=" and a string of options separated by commas as argument. This will override the options for the given UUID. If only a list of options, without an UUID, is specified, they apply to any UUIDs not specified elsewhere, and without an entry in /etc/crypttab. rd.luks.options= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.options= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. luks.key=, rd.luks.key= Takes a password file name as argument or a LUKS super block UUID followed by a "=" and a password file name. For those entries specified with rd.luks.uuid= or luks.uuid=, the password file will be set to the one specified by rd.luks.key= or luks.key= of the corresponding UUID, or the password file that was specified without a UUID. rd.luks.key= is honored only by initial RAM disk (initrd) while luks.key= is honored by both the main system and the initrd. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), crypttab(5), systemd-cryptsetup@.service(8), cryptsetup(8), systemd-fstab-generator(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-CRYPTSETUP-GENERATOR(8)