Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to play avi files Raspberry Pi? Post 302889981 by oldcity on Monday 24th of February 2014 03:51:38 PM
Old 02-24-2014
I only did a straight sudo apt-get install mplayer.
There is a graphical presentation that comes up after dbl-clk of
the avi file you wish to watch.
1. A large blue square with the mplayer wording.
2. At upper right of screen is some kind of clickers dealing with
audio and a showing of the avi file that was selected to view.
However there is no way to cause the selected item to play.
I clicked many combinations to no avail.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

2. Linux

fedora: problem to play mp3 files.

hi friends. i have tried all above option to play mp3 files but i am not able to listen mp3 files. i have tried above option using yum like $ su - # yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg i got a error like Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit Could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry Pi anyone?

Anyone order or get the new Rasberry Pi? I'm still waiting. Even though it's a fun project, I think these will turn out to be toys for people who already have PC's, and a boon to those who do not. But that is not stopping me. If my wallet holds out, maybe I can build a Raspberry Pi beowulf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry PI

The small red box to the left of TV is the Raspberry PI. Successfully installed and running Raspbian Wheezy. I learnt about Raspberry PI from Neo here on unix.com. Thanks to you Neo :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
cfourcc(1)							   User Commands							cfourcc(1)

NAME
cfourcc - tool for changing FourCC in Microsoft RIFF AVI files SYNOPSIS
cfourcc [-i] <file.avi> cfourcc -u <CODE> <file.avi> OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -d CODE Sets FOURCC codec decription string. -f Force changing FOURCC on unsupported file -i Display FOURCC information (default). -u CODE Set FOURCC codec. None. DESCRIPTION
Program identifies the codec used in AVI files (*.avi) and allows the user to change the FourCC description code (like fourcc-changer in Windows). Useful for people working with Microsoft AVI file. A Linux clone of AviC fourcc changer tool. EXAMPLES
Note that you only need to change the -u codec field most of the time and not touch the -d description: cfourcc -u DIVX -d DIVX file.avi ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
ffmpeg(1) mplayer(1) AUTHORS
cfourcc was written by Mohammad Hafiz bin Ismail aka "mypapit" <info@mypapit.net>. This manual page was written by Jarno Elonen <elonen@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Updated by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>. Released under license GNU GPL v2 or (at your option) any later version. For more information about license, visit <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>. cfourcc 2012-04-02 cfourcc(1)