Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update OpenBoot Prom from CD
Operating Systems Solaris Update OpenBoot Prom from CD Post 302889980 by hicksd8 on Monday 24th of February 2014 03:47:05 PM
Old 02-24-2014
I think

Code:
output-device=screen

will direct output to the graphics card.

Suggest that you read this thread:

ALOM - Console - | Unix Linux Forums | Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prom

Is there any place where i can look for the commands that can be used on the ok> prompt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Having PROM Env remotely !

My workstation's graphic card had problem so unitl it's fixing if i want to have PROM env & run some commands like OK probe-scsi or ..... what should i do ? Rgrds Nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PROM password

I have a query. Its about the PROM password on a SUN ULTRA5. I am the administrator of a UNIX network, which is actually a private network within the company that I work for. The IT department who supplied the workstations will not remove the PROM passwords - I need it removed in order to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PROM password for UNIX workstation.

Can someone give me the reason why PROM passwords are put on UNIX machines??? Is there a genuinely good, sane and reasonable decision for this??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Disable Network cards under boot Prom

Hi, I'm looking for a command to be able to disable a network card under the boot PROM. I need it to force my Jumpstart to use the Ethernet card of my server (V880) instead of my fiber card (gem0). Thanks, Fabien (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Get openboot version without going to PROM

Hi there How do i get the openboot version from within solaris 8-sparc. i cant seem to run "banner" or ".version" using eeprom cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

7. Solaris

upgrading Openboot PROM

Hi there, I have a Sunfire v210 running solaris 8 and the PROM banner shows that the openboot version is 4.11.4, I have nbeen asked to make sure that the PROM is at the latest version. Does anybody know the procedure for upgrading openboot, and indeed , where i can get the software from any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

prom in deleting a pattern

hi guys, i have a directory.inside that so many directories and files are there.i want to search the complete directory for a pattern in all the .txt files.if i will find that pattern then i want to delete that pattern from that file. please help me out. i want it urgent (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
18 Replies

9. Solaris

OpenBoot Simulator

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible find a openboot simulator for solaris to can practice some exercices Thanks a lot and sorry for my english! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Openboot does not display

Hey guys I just inherited a sun netra 210 from an old Avaya system we had setup and I want to use i for studying for my SCSA/OCA exams but I'm running into alot of problems installing SOL 10 on here. I have no experience with SUN hardware at all but familiar with Solaris. It has SOL 9 but no one... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackmantis
7 Replies
cfb(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    cfb(4)

Name
       cfb - color bitmap graphics

Syntax
       device	 cfb0 at ibus?	vector cfbvint

Description
       The  video  subsystem  provides a half page or full page, user-accessible bitmap display for graphics.  The subsystem consists of a 1 Mbyte
       (color) block of dual port RAM, a mouse or tablet, a keyboard, and a video monitor.

The subsystem device driver supports a hybrid terminal with three minor devices.  The first minor device emulates a glass tty with a screen
       that  appears  as  an 80-column by 56-row page that scrolls from the bottom.  This device is capable of being configured as the system con-
       sole.

The second minor device is reserved for the mouse.  This device is a source of mouse state changes.  (A state change is defined as  an  X/Y
       axis mouse movement or button change.)  When opened, the driver couples movements of the mouse with the cursor.	Mouse position changes are
       filtered and translated into cursor position changes in an exponential manner.  Rapid movements result in large	cursor	position  changes.
       All cursor positions are range-checked to ensure that the cursor remains on the display.

The  third  minor  device  provides  an access path for console output that does not disturb the graphics display.  The caller can open the
       device When this device is open, the graphics driver redirects console device output to the input buffer of this  device.   This  mechanism
       disables console output on the screen and saves the output for later display. This action preserves the graphic display integrity.

Input and output on the first and third minor devices are processed by the standard line disciplines.

The Hold Screen key is supported. The graphics driver treats this key as if CTRL/S or CTRL/Q has been entered. Pressing the Hold Screen key
       suspends the output (if it is not already suspended). To resume the output, press the Hold Screen key again.

Files
       Console terminal or graphics device

Mouse or tablet graphics device

Console message window for workstation

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								    cfb(4)