Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Query SQL get two values differents from the same columns Post 302889959 by durden_tyler on Monday 24th of February 2014 02:23:14 PM
Old 02-24-2014
Code:
SQL>
SQL> --
SQL> select * from t1;

INS NAME       VALUE
---------- ---------- ----------
         1 Test       12345
         1 TestV1     12/10/2014
         8 Test       85435
         8 TestV1     11/11/2005
         9 Test       42232
         9 TestV1     19/10/2000
         6 Test       54321
         6 TestV1     11/05/2013

8 rows selected.

SQL>
SQL> --
SQL> select * from t2;

VALUE
----------

2 rows selected.

SQL>
SQL> -- Method 1
SQL> select x.value, z.value
  2    from t1 x
  3         join t2 y on (y.value = x.value)
  4         join t1 z on (z.ins = x.ins and z.name = 'TestV1')
  5  ;

VALUE      VALUE
---------- ----------
12345      12/10/2014
54321      11/05/2013

2 rows selected.

SQL>
SQL> -- Method 2
SQL> select x.value,
  2         y.testv1_value
  3    from t2 x
  4         join (
  5                   select ins,
  6                          max(case when name = 'Test' then value end) as test_value,
  7                          max(case when name = 'TestV1' then value end) as testv1_value
  8                     from t1
  9                    group by ins
 10              ) y
 11         on (x.value = y.test_value)
 12  ;

VALUE      TESTV1_VAL
---------- ----------
12345      12/10/2014
54321      11/05/2013

2 rows selected.

SQL>
SQL>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns with values dependent on existing columns

Hello I have a file as below chr1 start ref alt code1 code2 chr1 18884 C CAAAA 2 0 chr1 135419 TATACA T 2 0 chr1 332045 T TTG 0 2 chr1 453838 T TAC 2 0 chr1 567652 T TG 1 0 chr1 602541 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plumb_r
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from sql query

I have sql query in shell script. select distinct account_no from adj order by account_no; This query returns account number daily.Sometimes it may return 90 rows sometime it may return 1 row only and someday it may return 0 rows I am storing the output of this query in sql_output.txt. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - matching on 2 columns for differents lines

Given this file (I separated them in block to make my explanation clearer): 92157768877;Sof_deme_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 92157768877;Sof_trav_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 91231838895;Sof_deme_faible_Email_am;EMAIL;26/01/2015;1 0;0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy_K
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Asign to variable ksh some values of sql query

Hi, I'm trying to asign to ksh varible some values of a sql query. The output query would be: xxxx 1 yyyy 2 I do: values=`$PATH_UTI/query_sh " select think1||'------'||think2 from some_table where think3 = '$1'; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
2 Replies
FBSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)							 1						      FBSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

fbsql_fetch_field - Get column information from a result and return as an object

SYNOPSIS
object fbsql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset]) DESCRIPTION
Used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $ result -A result identifier returned by fbsql_query(3) or fbsql_db_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical offset of the field. The field index starts at 0. If not specified, the next field that wasn't yet retrieved by fbsql_fetch_field(3) is retrieved. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information, or FALSE on errors. The properties of the object are: o name - column name o table - name of the table the column belongs to o max_length - maximum length of the column o not_null - 1 if the column cannot be NULL o type - the type of the column EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_fetch_field(3) example <?php fbsql_connect($host, $user, $password) or die("Could not connect"); $result = fbsql_db_query("database", "select * from table") or die("Query failed"); # get column metadata $i = 0; while ($i < fbsql_num_fields($result)) { echo "Information for column $i:<br /> "; $meta = fbsql_fetch_field($result); if (!$meta) { echo "No information available<br /> "; } echo "<pre> max_length: $meta->max_length name: $meta->name not_null: $meta->not_null table: $meta->table type: $meta->type </pre>"; $i++; } fbsql_free_result($result); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)