Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to play avi files Raspberry Pi? Post 302889896 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of February 2014 11:24:04 AM
Old 02-24-2014
Hm, does your system have a graphical display manager installed?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

2. Linux

fedora: problem to play mp3 files.

hi friends. i have tried all above option to play mp3 files but i am not able to listen mp3 files. i have tried above option using yum like $ su - # yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg i got a error like Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit Could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry Pi anyone?

Anyone order or get the new Rasberry Pi? I'm still waiting. Even though it's a fun project, I think these will turn out to be toys for people who already have PC's, and a boon to those who do not. But that is not stopping me. If my wallet holds out, maybe I can build a Raspberry Pi beowulf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry PI

The small red box to the left of TV is the Raspberry PI. Successfully installed and running Raspbian Wheezy. I learnt about Raspberry PI from Neo here on unix.com. Thanks to you Neo :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
UPDATE-MANAGER(8)                                             System Manager's Manual                                            UPDATE-MANAGER(8)

NAME
update-manager - graphical management of software packages updates SYNOPSIS
update-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
Update-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version. OPTIONS
For a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded. For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options: -h, --help Show a similar help message -c, --check-dist-upgrades Check if a new distribution release is available -d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible -p, --proposed Try to run a dist-upgrade --dist-upgrade Try to run a dist-upgrade ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION
* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop * switch to an updated sources.list entries * adds the default user to new groups if needed SEE ALSO
Synaptic, sources.list, aptitude AUTHORS
update-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file) This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. August 2, 2007 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)