Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GREP between last occurrences of two strings Post 302889894 by disedorgue on Monday 24th of February 2014 11:20:41 AM
Old 02-24-2014
/Server Stopped/h ==> if line we found 'Server Stopped', we initialize hold buffer with it.
/Server Stopped/,/Server Started/{/Server Stopped/b,H;} ==> Between lines 'Server Stopped' and 'Server Started', if the line is 'Server Stopped', we will at the end of the sed command to begin to the next line, else adds the other lines in the hold buffer.
${x,p;} ==> if last line, swap the hold buffer and the current buffer and the current buffer is displayed.
This User Gave Thanks to disedorgue For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep unique occurrences

Hi, How do i grep unique occurrences from a file. I have a log file with multiple occurrences of 'foo' for instance. When i do: grep foo, I get all the lines that contain foo. Is there any way to get only one line for foo? Example file: foo at 09.01am Fri 11 May 2007 foo at 09.13am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mz043
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print number of occurrences of many different strings

People, I need your help with making a script which will 1. take as an input the number of lines, smth like this: ((RUBROBACTER_1_PE1288 (((SALINISPORA_1_PE1863 SALINISPORA_1_PE1828)100 ((NOCARDIOIDES_2_PE2419 PROPIONIBACTERIUM_1_PE1395)96 ((((((((CORYNEBACTERIUM_1_PE1119... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roussine
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how many occurrences of different strings are there in each FILE.

Hello , I need some help to pull the data from different files, simultaneously for the string provided. I want to search below strings. PTN:3763427632478 IDB:3298734287438 PTN:8734983298738 From the files BELOW CODE_FILE_LOG1 CODE_FILE_LOG2 CODE_FILE_LOG3 CODE_FILE_LOG4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace all occurrences of strings with parentheses

Hi, I tried to adapt bartus's solution to my problem, without success. I want to replace all the occurences of this: with: , where something can contain an arbitrary number of balanced parens and brakets. Any ideas ? Best, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ff1969ff1969
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Sort substring occurrences in array of strings

Hi, My developer is on vacation and I am not sure if there is something which is easier for this. I have an array of strings. Each string in the array has "%" characters in it. I have to get the string(s) which have the least number of "%" in them. I know how I can get occurrences : ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
7 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Du without directory and Grep for occurrences of a word

Assistance on work Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Files stored in ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alindner
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 2 same strings in a same line??

I have this code TrackingId:1362412470675;MSISDN:; INFO - number of clietns:3:Received response is: EMSResponse , protocolVersion=5, purchaseOptions=null, serviceData=ServiceData , screenData=CanvasData ]], title=null, titleResource=MessageResource], screenType=null]], serviceId=idBamboo,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for strings

Hi, Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.94 Safari/537.36 How can I grep for the strings chrome and safari from a file, and if chrome print Chrome/40.0.2214.94 to a file and also count the number of times chrome is found? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings for different cases

Hi All, Good morning I have a below code which is working & getting expected output. the problem in this code is it is executing 3 if conditions, my requirement is suppose if first condition is success then it should print echo statement & exit from if condition else if the 1st if condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strictly grep (with before and after args) for last N number of occurrences?

Here is my grep string to print only the last occurrence, with before and after lines. Note that the tail Argument is sum of B and A args + 1, so that it prints the data of only the last 1 match. Now I need to print last 2 such matches. I thought of doubling the tail arg like 5+5+1 (For -- line),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samjna
2 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3pm)