Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count the occurences of strings Post 302889850 by gomez on Monday 24th of February 2014 05:30:08 AM
Old 02-24-2014
No. My desired output has shown above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting occurences of different strings in a file

Hi, i'd like to know if the following is possible with a shell script, and can't find the answer in the search. Suppose i have a logfile build like this: # 8 :riuyzp1028 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 : riuyvzp1032 # 30 : nlkljpa0202 # 1 : nlklja0205 # 38 : riuyzp1028 # 25 :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freerider
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the number of occurences of this pattern?

Hi all, I have a pattern like this in a file: 123 4 56 789 234 5 67 789 121 3 56 789 222 4 65 789 321 6 90 100 478 8 40 789 243 7 80 789 How can I count the number of occurences of '789' (4th column) in this set...? Thanks for all your help! K (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Count occurences

I have enclosed the script. I am able to find the files that contain my search string but when I try to count the occurences within the file I get zero always. Any help on this. #!/usr/bin/perl my $find = $ARGV; my $replace = $ARGV; my $glob = $ARGV; @filelist = <*$glob>; # process each... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to count the number of occurences of a column value

im trying to count the number of occurences of column 2 value(starting from KKK*) of the below file, file.txt using the code cat file.txt | awk ' BEGIN { print "Category Counts"} {FS=","} {NR > 2} { cats = cats + 1} END { for(c in cats) { print c, "=", cats} } ' but its returning as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to count occurences

Hi, i am in need of an awk script to accomplish the following: Input table looks like: Student1 arts Student2 science Student3 arts Student4 science Student5 science Student6 science Student7 science Student8 science Student9 science Student10 science Student11 science... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurences of string

Hi, Please help me in finding the number of occurences of the string. Example: Apple, green, blue, Apple, Orange, green, blue are the strings can be even in the next line. The o/p should look as: Word Count ----- ----- Apple 2 green 2 Orange 1 blue 2 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc888
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count pattern occurences

hi, I have a text..and i need to find a pattern in the text and count to the no of times the pattern occured. i have used grep command ..but the problem is , it shows the occurrences of the pattern but doesn't count no of times the pattern occuries. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvnni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurences based on interval

Hi, I have a file which has 4500 entries 10000 9880 9800 8700 8200 ... ..... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 50 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk count occurences

line number:status, market, keystation 1,SENT,EBS,1 : 1 2,DONE,REU,1 : 1 3,SENT,EBS,2 : 1 4,DONE,EBS,1 : 0 5,SENT,EBS,2 : 0 6,SENT,EBS,2 : 0 7,SENT,EBS,2 : 0 8,SENT,EBS,1 : 1 for each status, market combination I want to keep a tally of active orders. i.e if an order is SENT, then +1, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count occurences of the word without it repeating

Hi, I would like to count the number of ALA occurences without having them to be repeated. In the script I have written now it has 40 repetitions of ALA but it has to be 8. ALA is chosen as one of the 20 values it can have when the script asks for the input of AAA, which for this example is chosen... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aurimas
7 Replies
tixScrolledWindow(n)					       Tix Built-In Commands					      tixScrolledWindow(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
tixScrolledWindow - Create and manipulate Tix ScrolledWindow widgets SYNOPSIS
tixScrolledWindow pathName ?options? STANDARD OPTIONS
-anchor -background -cursor -relief -borderWidth See the options manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-height height] Specifies the desired height for the window, in pixels. [-scrollbar scrollbar] Specifies the display policy of the scrollbars. The following values are recognized: auto ?+x? ?-x? ?+y? ?-y? When -scrollbar is set to "auto", the scrollbars are shown only when needed. Additional modifiers can be used to force a scrollbar to be shown or hidden. For example, "auto -y" means the horizontal scrollbar should be shown when needed but the vertical scrollbar should always be hidden; "auto +x" means the vertical scrollbar should be shown when needed but the hori- zontal scrollbar should always be shown, and so on. both Both scrollbars are shown none The scrollbars are never shown. x Only the horizontal scrollbar is shown; y Only the vertical scrollbar is shown. [-width width] Specifies the desired width for the window, in pixels. [-xscrollincrement xScrollIncrement] Specifies by how much the win- dow should be scrolled in the horizontal direction when the user presses the arrows in the horizontal scrollbar. In Pixels. [-yscrollincrement yScrollIncrement] Specifies by how much the window should be scrolled in the vertical direction when the user presses the arrows in the horizontal scrollbar. In pixels. SUBWIDGETS
Name: hsb Class: Scrollbar The horizontal scrollbar subwidget. Name: window Class: Frame The frame subwidget which is scrolled by the ScrolledWindow widget. Name: vsb Class: Scrollbar The vertical scrollbar subwidget. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The tixScrolledWindow command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a ScrolledWindow widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the ScrolledWindow widget such as its cursor and relief. CREATING WIDGETS INSIDE A SCROLLEDWINDOW WIDGET
To create widgets inside a ScrolledWindow widget, one must create the new widgets relative to the window subwidget and manage them inside the window subwidget. An error will be generated if one tries to create widgets as immediate children of the ScrolledWindow. For example: the following is correct code, which creates new widgets inside the window subwidget: tixScrolledWindow .w; pack .w set f [.w subwidget window] button $f.b -text hi -width 40 -height 40 pack $f.b The following example code is incorrect because it tries to create immediate children of the ScrolledWindow .w: tixScrolledWindow .w; pack .w button .w.b -text hi -width 40 -height 40 pack .w.b WIDGET COMMANDS
The tixScrolledWindow command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the ScrolledWindow widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form: pathName option ?arg arg ...? PathName is the name of the command, which is the same as the ScrolledWindow widget's path name. Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for ScrolledWindow widgets: pathName cget option Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledWindow command. pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...? Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledWindow command. pathName subwidget name ?args? When no additional arguments are given, returns the pathname of the subwidget of the specified name. When no additional arguments are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these parameters. KEYWORDS
Tix(n) Tix 4.0 tixScrolledWindow(n)