Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Grep document according to values Post 302889765 by ahamed101 on Sunday 23rd of February 2014 09:16:53 PM
Old 02-23-2014
Another way...
Code:
awk '{a[$2,$3]++} END { printf "TP:%d\nTN:%d\nFP:%d\nFN:%d\n",a[1,1],a[0,0],a[1,0],a[0,1] }' infile

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a list of values

Hi everybody! :) :D :D :) it's great to be here since this is my first post. touch /base/oracle/FRA/XMUT00/RMAN_FLAG touch /base/oracle/FRA/XRLL00/RMAN_FLAG find directory name containing RMAN_FLAG : $ find /base/oracle/FRA -name RMAN_FLAG -print|xargs -n1 dirname |sort -u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolan_louve
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep using ASCII values

machine: HPUX file: a.dat contents: decimal 1 decimal 2 string 1 string 2 ASCII value of 'd': 100. to grep lines that have 'd', I use the following command grep d a.dat My requirement: I should grep for lines that contain 'd'. But I should use ASCII value of 'd' in the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriksama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep MS Word document

Hi, I have to read a MS word document to find some strings(expressions) .The reading should be done by paragraph.I have to show the entire paragraph If I find any string/expression in that. Please help me out. Thanks Regards Kris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep two values together.

Hi... I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'. I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt I am trying cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999 but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101 I want to grep "999" exactly and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document inside a here document?

Can we use a here document inside a here document? Something like this ssh user@remotehost << REMOTE sudo vserver vsernamename enter << VSERVER perform actions on vserver. VSERVER REMOTE (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values from different lines

Hello, I have a log file with many lines and I want to grep pcific values from spcific lines, I'm not sure if it is possible or not Sample 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Connection to device ip 20.10.11.23 took 0 16-11-11 19:54:13:FINE:Sending request. 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Received response from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple values

This for i in /dev/disco/*;do lvdisplay $i|grep -i size;done Return me every size of lvm in vg "disco" I want to return me,the size and the name of lvm,how to do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use grep with numerical values?

I'm new to Unix and I have been trying to fix this problem for the past week. How would I use grep to display only certain numbers for a list. For example, if I have this list: Joe senior 4/50 John junior 25/50 Mary junior 41/50 Martha sophomore 2/50 ...How do I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PTcharger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep for decimal values only in the second column.

Hi, I have a file in which I need to print all the lines that have decimal values in the second column. The below prints all the decimal values from the second column but I need the complete line to be printed. cat hello.out | sed 's/ */:/g' | cut -d : -f 2 | ggrep -Eo "+\.+" Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
END(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    END(3)

NAME
etext, edata, end - end of program segments SYNOPSIS
extern etext; extern edata; extern end; DESCRIPTION
The addresses of these symbols indicate the end of various program segments: etext This is the first address past the end of the text segment (the program code). edata This is the first address past the end of the initialized data segment. end This is the first address past the end of the uninitialized data segment (also known as the BSS segment). CONFORMING TO
Although these symbols have long been provided on most Unix systems, they are not standardized; use with caution. NOTES
The program must explicitly declare these symbols; they are not defined in any header file. On some systems the names of these symbols are preceded by underscores, thus: _etext, _edata, and _end. These symbols are also defined for programs compiled on Linux. At the start of program execution, the program break will be somewhere near &end (perhaps at the start of the following page). However, the break will change as memory is allocated via brk(2) or malloc(3). Use sbrk(2) with an argument of zero to find the current value of the program break. EXAMPLE
When run, the program below produces output such as the following: $ ./a.out First address past: program text (etext) 0x8048568 initialized data (edata) 0x804a01c uninitialized data (end) 0x804a024 Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> extern char etext, edata, end; /* The symbols must have some type, or "gcc -Wall" complains */ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("First address past: "); printf(" program text (etext) %10p ", &etext); printf(" initialized data (edata) %10p ", &edata); printf(" uninitialized data (end) %10p ", &end); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
objdump(1), readelf(1), sbrk(2), elf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-07-17 END(3)