Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to play avi files Raspberry Pi? Post 302889757 by oldcity on Sunday 23rd of February 2014 08:25:55 PM
Old 02-23-2014
How to play avi files Raspberry Pi?

Raspberry Pi B 2014-01-07 Raspbian fully up to date.
Installed and configured motion for surveillance.
It works just fine and creates .avi files and .jpeg.
Installed Mplayer trying to run it from desktop was
not successful. I did try to do a command line by
executing sudo mplayer /path/to/file/video.avi. File
does not play.
Does someone have a config file for just playing an
".avi" file?

tia
oldcity

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

2. Linux

fedora: problem to play mp3 files.

hi friends. i have tried all above option to play mp3 files but i am not able to listen mp3 files. i have tried above option using yum like $ su - # yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg i got a error like Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit Could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry Pi anyone?

Anyone order or get the new Rasberry Pi? I'm still waiting. Even though it's a fun project, I think these will turn out to be toys for people who already have PC's, and a boon to those who do not. But that is not stopping me. If my wallet holds out, maybe I can build a Raspberry Pi beowulf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry PI

The small red box to the left of TV is the Raspberry PI. Successfully installed and running Raspbian Wheezy. I learnt about Raspberry PI from Neo here on unix.com. Thanks to you Neo :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
avisplit(1)						      General Commands Manual						       avisplit(1)

NAME
avisplit - split AVI-files into chunks of a maximum size SYNOPSIS
avisplit [ -i file -o base [ -s size ] [ -H num ] [ -t s1-s2[,s3-s4,..] -c -m -b num -f commentfile ] ] [ -v ] COPYRIGHT
avisplit is Copyright (C) by Thomas Oestreich. DESCRIPTION
avisplit splits a single AVI-file into chunks of size size. Each of the created chunks will be an independent file, i.e. it can be played without needing any other of the chunk. OPTIONS
-i file Specify the filename of the file to split into chunks. -o base Specify the base of the output filename(s) avisplit will then split to base-%04d.avi -s size Use this option to specify the maximum size (in units of MB) of the chunks avisplit should create. 0 means dechunk, create as many files as possible. -H num Create only the first num chunks then exit. -t s1-s2[,s3-s4,..] Split the input file based on time/framecode (hh:mm:ss.ms) -c Together with -t. Merge all segments into one AVI-File again instead generating seperate files. -m Together with -t. Force split at upper bondary instead of lower border. -b num Specify if avisplit should write an VBR mp3 header into the AVI file. Default is 1 because it does not hurt. num is either 1 or 0. -f commentfile Read AVI tombstone data for header comments from commentfile. See /docs/avi_comments.txt for a sample. -v Print only version information and exit. EXAMPLES
The command avisplit -s 700 -i my_file.avi will split the file my_file.avi into chunks which's maximum size will not exceed 700 MB, i.e. they will fit onto a CD, each. The created chunks will be named my_file.avi-0000, my_file.avi-0001, etc. avisplit -i my_file.avi -c -o out.avi -t 00:10:00-00:11:00,00:13:00-00:14:00 will grab Minutes 10 to 11 and 13 to 14 from my_file.avi and merge it into out.avi BAD SYNCH
When you split a file with avisplit and the A/V sync for the first file is OK but the sync on all successive files is bad then have a look at the output of tcprobe(1) (shortend). | V: 25.000 fps, codec=dvsd, frames=250, width=720, height=576 | A: 48000 Hz, format=0x01, bits=16, channels=2, bitrate=1536 kbps, | 10 chunks, 1920000 bytes You'll see the AVI file has only 10 Audio chunks but 250 video chunks. That means one audio chunk spans several video frames. avisplit can not cut a chunk in half, it only handles complete chunks. If you do, say, avisplit -s 20, it is possible that the first file will have 6 audio chunks and the second one only 4 meaning there is too much audio in the first AVI file. The solution is to remux the AVI file with transcode -i in.avi -P1 -N 0x1 -y raw -o out.avi (of course -N 0x1 is not correct for all AVI files). Now look at tcprobe again | V: 25.000 fps, codec=dvsd, frames=250, width=720, height=576 | A: 48000 Hz, format=0x01, bits=16, channels=2, bitrate=1536 kbps, | 250 chunks, 1920000 bytes The data in this file is exactly the same (its bit-identical) as it was in in.avi; the AVI file was just written in a different way, we do now have 250 audio chunks which makes splitting much easier and more accurate for avisplit. AUTHORS
avisplit was written by Thomas Oestreich <ostreich@theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de> with contributions from many others. See AUTHORS for details. SEE ALSO
aviindex(1), avifix(1), avimerge(1), tccat(1), tcdecode(1), tcdemux(1), tcextract(1), tcprobe(1), tcscan(1), transcode(1) avisplit(1) 25th June 2003 avisplit(1)