Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check if the URL exists? Post 302889681 by mohtashims on Sunday 23rd of February 2014 02:19:09 AM
Old 02-23-2014
How to check if the URL exists?

Hi,

I need to check if the URL exists.

Below is my OS:

Code:
SunOS mymac1 Generic_148888-04 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

I do not have the curl set in the profile nor am i aware about its path.

But i have wget. Please help me with params for the same.

Can you help me check if the URL exists from unix shell script?

Last edited by mohtashims; 02-23-2014 at 04:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check URL using PERL

I am trying to create a perl script that will make sure a web page can be accessed going through an Apache httpd. The actual content of the web page does not matter. Most likely the web page will just have "You have successfully reached this port." This script will eventually be running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehoboth
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check URL with ksh

Hi everybody, I'm currently writing a ksh script which automates the entire startup of a large number of Tibco BusinessWorks domains, as well as all the deployed components running on it. My script is to be used after an infrastructure release, when the entire environement is down. It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HexAnubis666
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget to check an URL

I all, I wrote an script which starts a Weblogic server and waits until its loaded to deploy several apps. The way I checked was something like: while ; do wget --spider <URL>:<port>/console > /dev/null 2>&1 rc=$? done This works perfectly because it's an HTML site and when server is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlbertGM
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to check url

I have a server that keeps going down (503 Service not available). Until we find out the problem I would like to setup a simple ksh script in cron that will query url and report the status code. This way we can get someone to restart the process. Does anyone know a simple command I can call... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Url Check for a keyword.

thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kata33
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if PID exists

In a Shell Script what is the most generic way to find in the PID exists or not. If it does not exist how can I echo the user "PID does not exist" & terminate the unix script ? If the command can work on most flavors of operating system the more useful I will find it to be. Current system... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies
Ns_UrlToFile(3aolserver)				   AOLserver Library Procedures 				  Ns_UrlToFile(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_SetUrlToFileProc, Ns_UrlIsDir, Ns_UrlIsFile, Ns_UrlToFile - URL to file mapping procedures SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" void Ns_SetUrlToFileProc(char *server, Ns_UrlToFileProc *procPtr) int Ns_UrlIsDir(char *server, char *url) int Ns_UrlIsFile(char *server, char *url) int Ns_UrlToFile(Ns_DString *dsPtr, char *server, char *url) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions map URL paths to real files and directories. They are normally used to determine whether a given URL has a corresponding file or directory and to return the real filesystem path that corresponds to the URL. Ns_SetUrlToFileProc(server, procPtr) Set a pointer to a custom routine to use in place of Ns_UrlToFile. Ns_UrlIsDir(server, url) Construct a directory name by appending the URL to the current AOLserver pages directory for the specified server. Return NS_TRUE if the directory exists; NS_FALSE otherwise. Ns_UrlIsFile(server, url) Construct a file name by appending the URL to the current AOLserver pages directory for the specified server. Return NS_TRUE if the file exists and is a regular file; NS_FALSE otherwise. Example: /* IsFile - Simple request to determine if an URL is a file. */ int IsFile(Ns_Conn *conn, void *ctx) { int isfile; char *server; server = Ns_ConnServer(conn); isfile = Ns_UrlIsFile(server, conn->request->url); if (isfile) { Ns_ConnReturnNotice(conn, 200, "File", NULL); } else { Ns_ConnReturnNotice(conn, 200, "Not a File", NULL); } return NS_OK; } Ns_UrlToFile(dsPtr, server, url) The Ns_UrlToFile function writes the full path name of the file corresponding to the given URL. The result is appended to the Ns_DString. The function does not check that the file exists or is readable by the AOLserver process. This function returns a status of NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Normally this prepends the pageroot to the URL path. If you have created your own custom routine and used Ns_SetUrlToFileProc to point to it, your routine is called instead. This could be used to create, for example, a module that takes the given URL and maps it to a file in a different way than the default Ns_UrlToFile routine. Example: /* A simple page fetch request function. */ int SimpleFetch(Ns_Conn *conn, void *ctx) { Ns_DString ds; FILE fp; char *server; Ns_DStringInit(&ds); server = Ns_ConnServer(conn); Ns_UrlToFile(&ds, server, conn->request->url); fp = fopen(ds.string, "r"); Ns_ConnSendOpenFp(conn, fp, -1); fclose(fp); Ns_DStringFree(&ds); return NS_OK; } SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_UrlToFile(3aolserver)