Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compile samba with krb5
Operating Systems HP-UX Compile samba with krb5 Post 302889652 by Linusolaradm1 on Saturday 22nd of February 2014 07:16:33 PM
Old 02-22-2014
Compile samba with krb5

Code:
./configure   --prefix=/opt/samba   --libdir=/opt/samba/lib   --bindir=/opt/samba/bin   --sbindir=/opt/samba/sbin   --mandir=/opt/samba/man   --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-configdir=/etc/opt/samba   --with-piddir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-privatedir=/etc/opt/samba/private   --localstatedir=/var/opt/samba   --with-lockdir=/var/opt/samba/locks   --with-swatdir=/opt/samba/swat   --with-logfilebase=/var/opt/samba/log/  --enable-cups   --enable-external-libtalloc=no   --enable-static=no   --enable-shared=yes   --with-acl-support=yes   --with-automount   --with-quotas   --with-syslog   --with-utmp   --with-libsmbclient   --with-winbind   --with-ldap   --with-krb5=base-dir=/opt/krb5client   --with-ads CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/krb5client/include' LDFLAGS=' -L /opt/krb5client/lib'

Compile not ok
Exit with error "can't find lgssapi"
Any suggestion?
With heimdal compile fine,but when i try to join ads
cannot find KDC.

---------- Post updated at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:20 PM ----------

Code:
Compiling smbd/msg_idmap.c
Linking bin/smbd
ld: Can't find library for -lgssapi
Fatal error.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:1781: recipe for target 'bin/smbd' failed

The error

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

krb5.h not usable and not found during samba configuration error

Hi folks, I am using RH linux server 8.0 and have downloaded latest samba package for it. While configuring samba with --with-krb5 option while making this server join a windows AD domain, it gives the following error. active directory cannot be supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Samba 3.5.4 compile error

Hello! I am trying install samba 3.5.4. and following this instruction from the source package. So, there are my steps: 1 cd ../samba-3.5.4/source3 2 ./configure (without any arguments) and when i run make it returns error .................................................... Compiling... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhum
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Compile krb5-appl 1.0.3 on hpux

asprintf.c: In function 'vasprintf': asprintf.c:58: error: 'SIZE_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function) asprintf.c:58: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once asprintf.c:58: error: for each function it appears in.) Someone know how to fix? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Samba compile issue on Solaris 9

Hi all :) I've been given a task to try and upgrade Samba on our legacy Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sparc system. Its currently running samba 3.5.3 but we'd like to try and install 3.6.0 (or 3.6.25) to have minimal protocol smbv2. When trying to install from source, it appears to configure fine,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
4 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)