Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem parsing args
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem parsing args Post 302889594 by Don Cragun on Friday 21st of February 2014 06:53:06 PM
Old 02-21-2014
The OPTIND you removed is crucial to allow getopts() to work correctly.

But, I'm having trouble matching the arguments you're passing to getopts (edhmou: and name) with your USAGE description of your options:
Code:
Where options are:
	-h	This screen
	-u	Unmount provided nas/share/s
	-d	Delete provided nas/share/s
	-e	Edit provided nas/share/s settings
	-o	Overwrite provided nas/share/s settings
	-m	Displays a TUI/CLI menu to select from

The colon following the u in the option string argument to getopts (edhmou:) says that the -u option takes an option-argument (and the lack of a colon following the other option letters in that string says that no other options take option-arguments), but there is nothing in you code parsing the -u option:
Code:
		u)	doUnmount=true
			mode=umnt
			#shift $(($OPTIND - 1))
			;;

that gathers up the option-argument that getopts will identify for you.

So, do the -d, -e, -o, and -u options (all described as performing an operation on a "provided nas/share/s") get the provided nas/share/s as an option-argument or is the nas/share/s always an operand?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing problem with script

I'm trying to parse the variables out of a comma delimited expression, but i'm having trouble with script: num_var=1 while do a=`echo "a=7, b=8, c=9" | awk '{print $num_var}' | cut -d= -f2` b=`echo $a | cut -d, -f1` echo $b num_var=`expr $num_var + 1`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike@freddiemac
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

I need help with a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I have a file that is about 650K lines. Records are seperated by blank lines, fields seperated by new lines. I was trying to make a report that would add up 2 fields and associate them with a CP. example output would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to separate out the contents in the string "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" as xyz,1233,cm_asdfasdf Can anyone help me on this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushir03
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hi, i need to parse a string which looks like this "xyz","1233","cm_asdfasdf" (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

I need to parse a string which looks like "xyx","sdfsdf","asf_asdf" into var1="xyx" var2="sdfsdf" var3="asf_asdf" (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Problem

Hi all, I am having problems parsing the following file: cat mylist one,two,three four five,six My goal is to get each number on a seperate line. one two three four five six I tried this command: sed -e 's/\,/^M/g' mylist (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob11g
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with KSH script: command line args

Hi I am executing a KSH script by passing command line arguments example: Red Green Dark Red Blue when I am splitting the arguments by using " "(Space) as delimiter But the colour Dark Red is a single parameter. But it is getting splitted in between How to avoid this. Please help Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanth424
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing problem

Hello, I have a similar problem so I continue this thread. I have: my_script_to_format_nicely_bdf.sh | grep "RawData" |tr -s ' '|cut -d' ' -f 4|tr -d '%' So it supposed to return the percentage used of RawData FS: 80 (Want to use it in a alert script) However I also have a RawData2 FS so... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing

Hi, I want to fetch a text.Clipping. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
5 Replies
CHECKRAD(5)							File Formats Manual						       CHECKRAD(5)

NAME
checkrad -- See if a user is (still) logged in on a certain port. SYNOPSIS
checkrad [-d] nas-type nas-ip nas-port login session-id DESCRIPTION
Checkrad is used by the radius server to check if its idea of a user logged in on a certain port/NAS is correct if a double login is detected. Returns: 0 = no duplicate, 1 = duplicate, >1 = error. OPTIONS
-d Enable printing of debugging informations. nas-type Type of port/NAS. Can be one of: o ascend o bay o cisco o cisco_l2tp o computone o cvx o digitro o dot1x o livingston o max40xx o mikrotik o mikrotik_snmp o multitech o netserver o other o pathras o patton o portslave o pr3000 o pr4000 o redback o tc o usrhiper o versanet The "other" type cause checkrad to skip any check and always returns 1. nas-ip IP address of the NAS to check. nas-port The NAS port to check (may be ignored by some nas-type). login The login name to check. session-id Session to check. (actually ignored by all nas-type) SEE ALSO
radiusd(8) AUTHOR
Written by Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl. This manual page was written by Marco Nenciarini <mnencia@debian.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 13 January 2006 CHECKRAD(5)