Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hadoop - Adding Datanode
Operating Systems Linux Hadoop - Adding Datanode Post 302889583 by rakesh_411 on Friday 21st of February 2014 04:58:09 PM
Old 02-21-2014
Hadoop - Adding Datanode

Hi Team ,

I have a new server which needs to be made as datanode for my existing single node cloudera setup .

I did gone through some of the online documentation and most of them said to install to through cloudera manager , However my server cannot open for internet , Hence using Cloudera installing hadoop on new data node is ruled out .

Could some one help me with step by step procedure for installing hadoop on a new server and move that as a new data node to existing Hadoop Cluster .

Thanks again

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hadoop HUE - Error

Hi , I have installed Cloudera Hadoop successfully however when i am launching the web page for HUE , I am receiving below error message. Configuration files located in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/65-hue-HUE_SERVER Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
4 Replies

2. Linux

Hadoop - Adding New Name Node

Currently my cloudera env is a single server ( Name node and Data node on the same server ) , Now i would like to create another Name node for HA purpose and configure zookeeper to Automate HA , However I am unware of adding a new server as a name node part of HA , Could some one please suggest the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Hadoop - Upgrade Issue

Hi All, I was recently trying to upgrade Hadoop from CDH4 to CDH5 ,however after upgrade found below issue , Looks like this is a known issue but unable to find a proper solution for it . log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.EventCounter log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hadoop file system

Hi, I am newbie to unix admin. I am doing migration from unix to puppet. Need few clarification in hadoop fille creation. I knew what hadoop file does. But my doubt is, do we need to restart service for hadoop file creation. "DL380p" ha_file_cre='/root/hadoopfile logit echo "Creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
3 Replies

5. Programming

To check file size in hadoop

Hi Guys, i am writng a script to check if the file size is lessthan limit say 10KB then exit i need to check in hadoop file system , can someone advise Minsize=10 for file in `hadoop fs -ls path/*` do Actualsize=$(du -k "$file" | cut -f 1) if ; then echo "File generated... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
list(3) 						    InterNetNews Documentation							   list(3)

NAME
list - list routines SYNOPSIS
#include <inn/list.h> struct node { struct node *succ; struct node *pred; }; struct list { struct node *head; struct node *tail; struct node *tailpred; }; void list_new(struct list *list); struct node *list_addhead(struct list *list, struct node *node); struct node *list_addtail(struct list *list, struct node *node); struct node *list_head(struct list *list); struct node *list_tail(struct list *list); struct node *list_succ(struct node *node); struct node *list_pred(struct node *node); struct node *list_remhead(struct list *list); struct node *list_remtail(struct list *list); struct node *list_remove(struct node *node); struct node *list_insert(struct list *list, struct node *node, struct node *pred); bool list_isempty(struct list *list); DESCRIPTION
list_new initialises the list header list so as to create an empty list. list_addhead adds node to the head of list, returning the node just added. list_addtail adds node to the tail of list, returning the node just added. list_head returns a pointer to the the node at the head of list or NULL if the list is empty. list_tail returns a pointer to the the node at the tail of list or NULL if the list is empty. list_succ returns the next (successor) node on the list after node or NULL if node was the final node. list_pred returns the previous (predecessor) node on the list before node or NULL if node was the first node. list_remhead removes the first node from list and returns it to the caller. If the list is empty NULL is returned. list_remtail removes the last node from list and returns it to the caller. If the list is empty NULL is returned. list_remove removes node from the list it is on and returns it to the caller. list_insert inserts node onto list after the node pred. If pred is NULL then node is added to the head of list. HISTORY
Written by Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan@thus.net> for InterNetNews 2.4.0. $Id: list.pod 9074 2010-05-31 19:01:32Z iulius $ INN 2.5.3 2011-06-10 list(3)