Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Bash Script, ec2addtag syntax? Post 302889416 by svalenciatech on Thursday 20th of February 2014 11:35:53 AM
Old 02-20-2014
Bash Script, ec2addtag syntax?

Code:
ec2addtag --region us-west-1 vol1234 --tag Name=$nameinst;

It should execute

Code:
ec2addtag --region us-west-1 vol1234 --tag Name=webserver;

Instead it thinks that Name is equal to that variable. Please help. Thanks!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Script syntax error

I'm trying to write a simple script that takes all the .tar.gz files in a directory and verifies them by using the gzip -tv command: for zip in *.tar.gz do gzip -tv $zip if ; then #Check return code from tar echo "File ${zip} verified OK." exit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelldan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris bash syntax different from Linux?

I have a script that's meant to check the disk usage on a particular volume and delete the oldest logfile if it's over a certain percentage. It runs fine on a Linux machine, but on a Solaris one, I get this error: diskspace_check.sh: syntax error at line 3: `diskspace=$' unexpected I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cara_k
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue with quotes in mysql command for a bash script

i'm trying to write a bash script that executes a mysql statement mysql -sN -e INSERT INTO "$database"."$tableprefix"users (var1, var2,var3) VALUES (123, '1','') i don't know where to put the quotes it doesnt work with this one: ` it seems i can only put double quotes around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax behaviour : [[ vs [

Hello. In the following : RESTORE_FF contain a file name : a_file.tar.gz I am testing in a directory if "a_file.tar.gz" exists and or if any file like "a_file.tar.gz" exists. So "a_file.tar.gz" will give me file exists So "a_file.tar.gz." will give me file exists So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax error

while read line do mkdir $line scp -r Docking_results/docking_$line.pdb $line/ cd /$line/ set a=`grep ENDMDL docking_'$line'.pdb | wc -l` set b=`expr $a - 2` csplit -k -s -n 3 -f docking_'$line'. docking'$line'.pdb '/^ENDMDL/+1' '{'$b'}' foreach f (... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax

Hello, I have seen this syntax, { ;;};quite often and I don't know what it means exactly. It seems like a distinctive thing of Bash, so it's been used for the logo of the last bug, ShellShock: All you need to know about the Bash Bug vulnerability | Symantec Connect I have also seen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax problem

Hello! i try to understand the art of bash scripting but unfortunately, more i try and less i understand it. Can someone tell me how i can learn its logic? i will give you an example why its making me crazy. Look at this basic script: my for loops are working like this, but it took me more than... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablista
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in subtraction in Bash

I am sharing a code snippet. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do first=${barr2} search=${barr1} echo $first echo "loop begins" for (( j=0; j<=5000; j++ )) do if } == $search ]]; then echo $j break; fi done second=${harr2} echo $second (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)