Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with Content synchronization script using rsync Post 302889155 by Amulya on Wednesday 19th of February 2014 07:32:08 AM
Old 02-19-2014
Help needed with Content synchronization script using rsync

Hi All,

I need a .sh script which serves the below purpose. It would be of great help.
I am unable to perform the second need of mapping texts within the file and updating only those contents.
For Eg: There is a html file containing link abc.com. This should be replaced with xyz.com link in the destination folder.

##########################################
1)content sync from source to target machine, based on a extensive list of directories and hostnam/ip

2)search and replace of the mapped texts from source to target

3)replacement should be only in changed/updated files and to a configurable set of file extensions
#######################################

Below is my script workthrough as of now:
Code:
#############################################
#!/bin/sh
#!/usr/bin/perl

##################################################################################
#
#
# This script is used to sync the contents from source directory of local #machine
# to destination directory of target machine.
# 
##################################################################################

################################################################################
# Logging directory
################################################################################
LOGDIR="Path to logging directory"
# RSync binary location
rsync="/opt/mw/rsync-2.6.6/bin/rsync"

# RSync binary location on remote server
# this is only used when source and target directories are on different servers
# otherwise it should be same rsync value
rsync_path="/opt/mw/rsync-2.6.6/bin/rsync"

# For Content mapping below mentioned directory paths and hostnames are required
SOURCEDIR="Path to Source Directory on Local Machine"
TARGETDIR="Path to Target Directory on Remote Machine"
BACKUPDIR="Path to Backup Directory"
TARGETSERVER="Hostname"
TargetUser="Username"
LOGFILE="Path to Log file"
Rsync_Options = "--recursive --times --archive --verbose --update --links --checksum --progress --delete"
#-v, --verbose increase verbosity 
#-a, --archive archive mode
#-r, --recursive recurse into directories 
#-u, --update skip files that are newer on the receiver 
#-t, --times preserve modification times 
#-l, --links copy symlinks as symlinks
#-c, --checksum skip based on checksum, not mod-time & size 
#--dry-run
#rsync --recursive --times --archive --verbose --update --links --checksum --progress --delete

# RSync filters
# file/folders mentioned in the filter will be skipped for synchronization
# for more details on rsync filter read rsync documentation
rsync_filter="- .backup/"
#################################################################################
# Check if the log file exists
if [ ! -e $LOGFILE ]; then
     touch $LOGFILE
fi
if [ ! -d $TARGETDIR ]; then
     echo "Log destination directory doesn't seem to exist. Please investigate"
     exit 2
fi

echo $'\n\n' >> $LOGFILE

#####################################################################
#
# Gather a list of the files from source directory and the remote directory.
# It finds the file differences and copy the files to the destination directory.
# Only missing files are copied.
#
#####################################################################

#for i in `find $SOURCEDIR -type f`
#do
rsync $Rsync_Options -e ssh $SOURCEDIR/ $TargetUser@$TARGETSERVER :$TARGETDIR/ 
#done
echo "Sync Completed at:`/bin/date`" >> $LOGFILE

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-19-2014 at 08:42 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for rsync

How can i combine the below two rsync commands into one: rsync -auvL --delete /etc /usr/local/MediaServer /mnt/bak/livecore/filesystem.0 > /tmp/backup_log/rsync.log 2>&1 and rsync -auv --delete --exclude='live/public_html/video' --exclude='live/public_html.old' /var/www... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rsync script

Good day all, I need your help in editing a rsync script that I am trying to write and using ksh shell. I want to add multiple patterns --include and --exclude options with variable inputs called SID. I have created two files and named them N1 and N2 and created subfiles in each one In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noura-83
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with sed needed to extract content from html tags

Hi I've searched for it for few hours now and i can't seem to find anything working like i want. I've got webpage, saved in file par with form like this: <html><body><form name='sendme' action='http://example.com/' method='POST'> <textarea name='1st'>abc123def678</textarea> <textarea... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: seb001
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Synchronization, rsync option

Dear all, I am synchronizing some files on 2 hosts. host2 is a backup server of host1, but can have some more up to date files. I use on host2: rsync -auv usrer@host1:/Source_Dir Dest_DirOption -u (update) will copy and replace the newest files from host2 to host1. Before this is done I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

5. Solaris

I need to synchronization by rsync

Hi everyone! I wonder about the rsync. The purpose I just want: synchronization from server 1 to server 2 by rsync, example: Node 1: /app/logs/* Node 2: /app/logs/* in Node 1 when I used rsync -aru /app/logs/ node2:/app/logs/, then everything will be copied and update to node 2. But,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed on RSYNC

My Script as below ####### #!/usr/bin/ksh DIR=$1 MN=`echo $1 | awk -F'/' '{print $NF}'` LF=./rsynclog RSYNC=/usr/local/bin/rsync mv $LF.$MN $LF.$MN.prev compress $LF.$MN.prev $RSYNC -arz --rsync-path=$RSYNC --log-file=$LF.$MN SERVER1:$DIR/ $DIR While running it I am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in sending file content with colors and borders

HI i am running a shell script in cron and storing the output of that script in a file say test.then i am copying the content of test to test1 and i will send the output of test to some email ids using mutt. Next time when the script executes i am comparing the contents of test and test1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed for creating the folder by checking today's date and, take backup using rsync command

How to create a shell script to create a folder by using the today's date to take backup using rsync command on every evening around 7 pm. Kindly help. Thanks. To be more precise, I want to create a script which matches the today's date with server's date format, if matches then creates the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakula10
2 Replies