Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script not working as expected Post 302889143 by anbu23 on Wednesday 19th of February 2014 06:37:01 AM
Old 02-19-2014
What is the output of your script? What is expected output?
This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

which not working as expected

Hello. Consider the following magic words: # ls `which adduser` ls: /usr/sbin/adduser: No such file or directory # Hmmm... Then: # ls /usr/sbin/adduser /usr/sbin/adduser # Now what? Unforunately this little sniippet is used in my debian woody server's mysql pre install script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osee
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls not working as expected within ksh

Hi, I use the command ls a\b\c\*.txt from the command line on HP UNIX and it works fine - It lists all files matching *.txt in the a\b\c directory When embeded in a ksh script `ls a\b\c\*.txt` it does not work - I get *.txt not found (even though there are files) I tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection not working as expected

Portion of my script below : if ; then NUMBEROFFEILDS=`cat ${BASE_SCRIPT_LOC}/standardfilecleanup.lst|grep -w ${db_file_path}|awk -F: '{print NF}'` COUNT=4 while ; do awk_var="$"`echo $COUNT` file_name1=`cat ${BASE_SCRIPT_LOC}/standardfilecleanup.lst|grep -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: findprakash
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why this is not working in expected way?

total=0 seq 1 5 | while read i ; do total=$(($total+$i)) echo $total done echo $totalThis outputs: 1 3 6 10 15 0whereas I am expecting: 1 3 6 10 15 15My bash version: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meharo
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-atime not working as expected

I need to sort through a volume that contains video files by access time and delete files that have not been accessed over x days. I have to use the access time as video files are originals that do not get modified, just read Testing commands on a local test folder... $ date Wed Sep 28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: canon273
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nohup not working as expected

Hi. I am trying to start a script on my router that will execute even if i log off. To execute the script I write: nohup ./dslconnection > dslstat.out 2>&1 & It starts the job: 21968 admin 1604 S /bin/ash ./dslconnection The problem is that when I log back in the job has been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebcou
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk not working as expected in script

Dear all, I had script which used to work, but recently it is not working as expected. I have command line in my shell script to choose the following format from the output_elog and perform some task afterwards on As you see, I want all numbers in foramt following RED mark except for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk matching script not working as expected

This is my ubuntu version: $ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS Release: 16.04 Codename: xenial $ /bin/awk -V | head -n1 bash: /bin/awk: No such file or directory I have gotten a script that helps me to parse,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: delbroooks
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing Arguments to shell script from file is not working as expected.

Hi All, I have below simple shell script in cloudera quick start vm cenos 6 which copy file from source to destination. # file_copy.sh source_dir = ${source_dir} target = ${target_dir} cp source_dir target and my parameter file is like below #parameter_file.txt source_dir =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narasimhasss
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why this script is not working as 'expected' when doing ssh with while read ... really confused?

Hi, I have a script below that is running ssh <host> <command> on some servers. Below is more or less the script. I have to modify it somehow to get rid of the 'confidential' hostnames check_log.bash #!/bin/bash # myPID=$$ parse_log () { sub="parse_log" host=${1} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
trbdf(1)							   User Manuals 							  trbdf(1)

NAME
trbdf - convert BDF-font from one encoding to other SYNOPSIS
trbdf -C | -l | -h trbdf [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [--foundry[=] new-foundry ] BDF-font DESCRIPTION
trbdf is a program for translation of BDF fonts from one encoding to other. One exciting feature of trbdf is that it tries to approximate the symbols that miss from the font or from the encoding of the font with existing symbols when possible. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trbdf will generate an awk(1) script for translation of BDF-fonts for fixed combination of input- codeset and output-codeset This is useful for faster convertion of many files. This script is used as filter. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given the BDF-font will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On stan- dard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset Both input-codeset and output-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert BDF-font. This option is usefull if you have to convert many fonts. The generated script expects the input font from its standard input and outputs the converted font. -l, --list List all known codesets. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source font. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the generated font. --foundry[=]new-foundry Use this option if you want to change the foundry of the generated fonts. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
bdftopcf(1x) trscripts NOV 2002 trbdf(1)