Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query in CENTOS
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Query in CENTOS Post 302889099 by shobana praveen on Wednesday 19th of February 2014 04:48:29 AM
Old 02-19-2014
Thank you

---------- Post updated at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:12 AM ----------

Thanks for your reply............it was helpful.

But I have another query like how to fetch only particular data from database (MYSQL)(for ex: user and msg) for every 2hrs and convert into an .xls format.

How to write script for the below query?
Code:
$arrAcc="SELECT accountID FROM account";
$Accountid=$DB->Execute($arrAcc);

for($i=0;$i<=length($Accountid);$i++)
{
$arrDevice="SELECT deviceID FROM device";
$Deviceid=$DB->Execute($arrDevice); 
for($j=0;$j<=length($Deviceid);$j++)
{
$arrEvent="SELECT * FROM eventdata WHERE accountID=$i and deviceID=$j";
$EventData=$DB->Execute($arrEvent);  
}
$j++;
}
$i++;

Thanks,
Shobana

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-19-2014 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

2-cpu centos 5.7

BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- Linux centos1 2.6.18-274.17.1.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Jan 10 18:06:37 EST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Start Benchmark Run: Fri Mar 2 19:42:41 EST 2012 2 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables 6929864.9 lps (10 secs,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RH V Centos

Hi, I have built out a new virtual production environment (VMWare, HA enabled, VMotion... all the bells & whistles) using RHEL5 VM's. I have got another ESX host that I plan to use as a pre-prod environment. To save some costs on RH subs I was thinking about installing this environment... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
5 Replies
iconv(1)						      General Commands Manual							  iconv(1)

Name
       iconv - international codeset conversion

Syntax
       iconv [-d] -f fromcodeset -t tocodeset [file...]

Description
       The  command  converts the encoding of characters in its input from one codeset to another codeset.  The fromcodeset argument specifies the
       codeset used to encode the data in the input; that is, it specifies the input codeset.  The tocodeset argument  specifies  the  codeset	to
       which  you  want  the input data converted; that is, it specifies the output codeset.  The command performs the conversion by reading rules
       from a conversion table you create.  The command reads its input from standard input or from one or more files named on the  command  line.
       The command writes its output to standard output.

You define conversion rules in a conversion table. The conversion rules specify how converts a particular character or group of characters,
       which are called tokens.  The conversion table is a text file that contains two lists.  In the left-hand list, you specify each	token  you
       want  to convert.  In the right-hand list, you specify the token you want to create in the output file. For example, if you issued the fol-
       lowing command:
       % iconv -fupper -tlower conversion_file

This command uses the conversion table located in the file that specifies how to convert from an uppercase codeset to a lowercase  codeset.
       The following shows part of the conversion table:
       #
       # Converts from uppercase to lowercase
       #
       #    Input token 	Output token
       #    -------------	------------------
		 A		     a
		 B		     b
		 C		     c
		 D		     d
		 E		     e
		 F		     f
		 G		     g
		 Z		     z
       #
       # Convert tabs to spaces using octal
       #
		11		  404040
       #
       # Convert the A umlaut to lowercase
       #
		    A			    a

Each  line  in the conversion table must contain two strings, an input token and an output token.  The tokens must be delimited with spaces
       or tabs.  The backslash character (  ) either causes the command to recognize a character it normally ignores or introduces a three  digit
       octal  constant.   All octal constants in the conversion table must contain three digits.  Lines that begin with a hash symbol (#) are com-
       ments.  The command ignores comment lines and blank lines.

You name the conversion table file using the name of the input codeset, an underscore, and the name of the output codeset.  For example, if
       your input codeset is ISO646 and your output codeset is ISO8859, you might name the conversion table file

The  command  searches  for  the conversion table file in the directory specified by the pathname.  If the ${ICONV} environment variable is
       undefined, the command searches the directory.

The operation of the command is 8-bit transparent.

Options
       -d Deletes any characters that are omitted from the conversion table.  By default, the command sends characters that  are  omitted  to  the
	  output file without modifying them.

-f Specifies the name of the input codeset.

-t Specifies the name of the output codeset.

Restrictions
       The  conversion	table file name can contain no more than 255 characters.  You may need to truncate the name of the input codeset or output
       codeset when you name the conversion table file.

Examples
       The following shows an example of using the command:

This command converts the data in from ISO646 encoding to ISO8859 encoding.  The command reads the conversion table from the file.  If  the
       ${ICONV} environment variable is undefined, the command uses the file. If that file does not exist, the command issues an error message and
       does not convert the data file.	The command writes the results	of any conversion it performs to the file

Files
See Also
       environ(5int)
       Guide to Developing International Software

iconv(1)