Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Passing printf formatting parameters as variables Post 302889006 by mph on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 09:34:52 AM
Old 02-18-2014
Don,

Thanks for the input. Sorry, I should have been more specific. case 3 "does" print white... because I've only tested this on a tty with black bg and white fg. Smilie When it is compiled on the Windoze side, they'll be using a black and white terminal, so it's not that big of a deal, but that's no reason for sloppy code. That said, I have about a half dozen other boxes I work on, each having their own bg / fg color combos. Just so I know what machine I'm working on. I'll have to see what output they yield.

Like I said, I haven't used C for years. This project is just getting the juices flowing. I've been pulling snippets from some of my old code. Heck, I look back at some of it, some 15+ years old, and say. I DID THAT?!?!?

For now I'm taking the KIS (Keep It Simple) approach. Your example is a bit much to digest at the moment. However, reading through it does help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Passing variables/arguments/parameters to commands

A good place to start is simple variable passing.... Passing variables from one script to another The next level is passing a variable into a more complex command such as using a variable in a sed command. There are some simple quoting techniques that are very general. These are mentioned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing more than 9 parameters

hi, i am passing around 14 parameters for a script a=$1 b=$2 c=$3 d=$4 e=$5 f=$6 g=$7 h=$8 i=\"${9}\" shift j=\"${1}\" still for j it is displaying the 1st parameter value..how to make it take the 10th parameter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using AWK printf with userdefine variables

seems simple but i've not been successfull in adding the value of a Variable to a every line of a file using AWK & printf i've come up with the following, but it's not working.:mad: --- mydatafile.dat e.g. of data in file: cau_actvty_fa_lrf.ksh fan_soco_fa.ksh ny_sum_lst.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a string. Something like printf?

Hi I'm having a problem with converting a file: ID X 1 7 1 8 1 3 2 5 2 7 2 2 To something like this: ID X1 X2 X3 1 7 8 3 2 5 7 2 I've tried the following loop: for i in `cat tst.csv| awk -F "," '{print $1}'| uniq`;do grep -h $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printf formatting

Is there a way to make these 2 numbers - $482477.37 and $1875000.00 look like $482,477.37 and $1,875,000.00 with printf? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using awk printf

Hi Friends, I am trying to insert lines of the below format in a file: # x3a4914 Joe 2010/04/07 # seh Lane 2010/04/07 # IN01379 Larry 2010/04/07 I am formatting the strings as follows using awk printf: awk 'printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

assinging the printf result to variables

Getting the below error while executing this. Able to run the below commands Individually. #!/bin/bash a=$(printf "%d\n" 0x01E); b=$(printf "%d\n" 0x01A); echo $a echo $b c=`expr $a - $b` echo $c syntax error at line 2: `a=$' unexpected (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_1712
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formatting using printf[ksh]

Hi All, I am attempting to create a fixed length tilde delimited file using printf. The variables are initialized to fixed length blank spaces a=' ' b=' ' c=' ' d=' ' Sometimes the variable might contain values and sometimes they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)