Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Issue with ethernet interface Post 302888989 by cerco on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 08:48:56 AM
Old 02-18-2014
please find below:
Code:
# ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr BC:30:5B:DD:74:85  
          inet addr:10.10.136.10  Bcast:10.10.136.63  Mask:255.255.255.192
          inet6 addr: fe80::be30:5bff:fedd:7485/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:958930034 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:908460231 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:3502945506 (3.2 GiB)  TX bytes:1823145506 (1.6 GiB)
          Interrupt:122 Memory:d6000000-d6012800 

eth2      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr BC:30:5B:DD:74:89  
          inet addr:10.6.0.50  Bcast:10.6.0.63  Mask:255.255.255.192
          inet6 addr: fe80::be30:5bff:fedd:7489/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:41045618 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:43175495 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:1277189174 (1.1 GiB)  TX bytes:3964630437 (3.6 GiB)
          Interrupt:138 Memory:da000000-da012800 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:305799777 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:305799777 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:1118219267 (1.0 GiB)  TX bytes:1118219267 (1.0 GiB)

w1g1      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol  
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:2403556724 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:360 frame:360
          TX packets:361120954 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:941 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100 
          RX bytes:3423030701 (3.1 GiB)  TX bytes:1559940032 (1.4 GiB)
          Interrupt:177 Memory:f90c0000-f90c1fff 
#

Last edited by cerco; 02-18-2014 at 09:55 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Network Interface Issue

Hi all, Here im facing problem with NIC Interface with my X86 Version of Solaris Express, even after loading module for that Interface. So please check this below mentioned log for your use and get back to me ASAP. - - - -- --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface issue

Hi All, I want to configure network into my system. i tried following in to configure the interface to find the name of interface #prtdiag |grep net i got following 0 PCI-1 33 1 network-SUNW, hme then i tried following #prtconf -v |grep net network, instance #0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

8. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Channel bonding Issue - Bond0 interface not getting up in on RHEL6

Hello, I am trying to set up Channel Bonding on a RHEL6 Virtual Box VM. I have 2 ethernet cards on the machine which are set up in Internal Network mode. I followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the RHEL6 deployment Guide, but for some reason i think results are not correct. Here are my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
BRCTL(8)																  BRCTL(8)

NAME
brctl - ethernet bridge administration SYNOPSIS
brctl [command] DESCRIPTION
brctl is used to set up, maintain, and inspect the ethernet bridge configuration in the linux kernel. An ethernet bridge is a device commonly used to connect different networks of ethernets together, so that these ethernets will appear as one ethernet to the participants. Each of the ethernets being connected corresponds to one physical interface in the bridge. These individual ethernets are bundled into one bigger ('logical') ethernet, this bigger ethernet corresponds to the bridge network interface. INSTANCES
The command brctl addbr <name> creates a new instance of the ethernet bridge. The network interface corresponding to the bridge will be called <name>. The command brctl delbr <name> deletes the instance <name> of the ethernet bridge. The network interface corresponding to the bridge must be down before it can be deleted! The command brctl show shows all current instances of the ethernet bridge. PORTS
Each bridge has a number of ports attached to it. Network traffic coming in on any of these ports will be forwarded to the other ports transparently, so that the bridge is invisible to the rest of the network (i.e. it will not show up in traceroute(8) ). The command brctl addif <brname> <ifname> will make the interface <ifname> a port of the bridge <brname>. This means that all frames received on <ifname> will be processed as if destined for the bridge. Also, when sending frames on <brname>, <ifname> will be considered as a potential output interface. The command brctl delif <brname> <ifname> will detach the interface <ifname> from the bridge <brname>. The command brctl show <brname> will show some information on the bridge and its attached ports. AGEING
The bridge keeps track of ethernet addresses seen on each port. When it needs to forward a frame, and it happens to know on which port the destination ethernet address (specified in the frame) is located, it can 'cheat' by forwarding the frame to that port only, thus saving a lot of redundant copies and transmits. However, the ethernet address location data is not static data. Machines can move to other ports, network cards can be replaced (which changes the machine's ethernet address), etc. brctl showmacs <brname> shows a list of learned MAC addresses for this bridge. brctl setageing <brname> <time> sets the ethernet (MAC) address ageing time, in seconds. After <time> seconds of not having seen a frame coming from a certain address, the bridge will time out (delete) that address from the Forwarding DataBase (fdb). brctl setgcint <brname> <time> sets the garbage collection interval for the bridge <brname> to <time> seconds. This means that the bridge will check the forwarding database for timed out entries every <time> seconds. SPANNING TREE PROTOCOL
Multiple ethernet bridges can work together to create even larger networks of ethernets using the IEEE 802.1d spanning tree protocol. This protocol is used for finding the shortest path between two ethernets, and for eliminating loops from the topology. As this protocol is a standard, linux bridges will interwork properly with other third party bridge products. Bridges communicate with each other by sending and receiving BPDUs (Bridge Protocol Data Units). These BPDUs can be recognised by an ethernet destination address of 01:80:c2:00:00:00. The spanning tree protocol can also be turned off (for those situations where it just doesn't make sense, for example when this linux box is the only bridge on the LAN, or when you know that there are no loops in the topology.) brctl(8) can be used for configuring certain spanning tree protocol parameters. For an explanation of these parameters, see the IEEE 802.1d specification (or send me an email). The default values should be just fine. If you don't know what these parameters mean, you probably won't feel the desire to tweak them. brctl stp <bridge> <state> controls this bridge instance's participation in the spanning tree protocol. If <state> is "on" or "yes" the STP will be turned on, otherwise it will be turned off. When turned off, the bridge will not send or receive BPDUs, and will thus not partici- pate in the spanning tree protocol. If your bridge isn't the only bridge on the LAN, or if there are loops in the LAN's topology, DO NOT turn this option off. If you turn this option off, please know what you are doing. brctl setbridgeprio <bridge> <priority> sets the bridge's priority to <priority>. The priority value is an unsigned 16-bit quantity (a num- ber between 0 and 65535), and has no dimension. Lower priority values are 'better'. The bridge with the lowest priority will be elected 'root bridge'. brctl setfd <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'bridge forward delay' to <time> seconds. brctl sethello <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'bridge hello time' to <time> seconds. brctl setmaxage <bridge> <time> sets the bridge's 'maximum message age' to <time> seconds. brctl setpathcost <bridge> <port> <cost> sets the port cost of the port <port> to <cost>. This is a dimensionless metric. brctl setportprio <bridge> <port> <priority> sets the port <port>'s priority to <priority>. The priority value is an unsigned 8-bit quan- tity (a number between 0 and 255), and has no dimension. This metric is used in the designated port and root port selection algorithms. NOTES
brctl(8) replaces the older brcfg tool. SEE ALSO
ipchains(8), iptables(8) AUTHOR
Lennert Buytenhek <buytenh@gnu.org> November 7, 2001 BRCTL(8)