Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Issue with ethernet interface Post 302888982 by cerco on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 08:35:37 AM
Old 02-18-2014
Issue with ethernet interface

hello,
I have a Linux server with two interfaces eth0 and eth1. I configured two IP addresses from two different networks on 2 interfaces, and I connected both interfaces on two different switches.
the IP address of eth0 is responding without problem to ping from equipment of its home network, unfortunately this is not the case for the IP address of eth1. a moment I thought the problem was on the switch, but when I try to connect another device on the same switch port, this device can communicate with others on the same network. LEDs are lit, but impoosible to ping the IP address of eth1.
suddenly I thought to myself that maybe the problem come from the IP configuration on the interface eth1, or within the system that I do not control too.
well, I have to ask you for help to solve this problem.

thank you in advance for any contribution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

determine if a ethernet interface is up

Howto check if a ethernet interface is up? It's impossible to determine via the ipaddress i have learned, or? Can someone please give me a hint on howto do? Environment == Linux x86 GNU GCC. :D regards Esaia (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Network Interface Issue

Hi all, Here im facing problem with NIC Interface with my X86 Version of Solaris Express, even after loading module for that Interface. So please check this below mentioned log for your use and get back to me ASAP. - - - -- --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Ethernet card drivers issue...

I need to install ethernet card drivers on intel machine. How can i know which Ethernet card interface (sfe,rh,rtls...) is it? How can i know the speed of that card? How can i know network traffic ? If network traffic is more with that interface what should i do? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Network interface issue

Hi All, I want to configure network into my system. i tried following in to configure the interface to find the name of interface #prtdiag |grep net i got following 0 PCI-1 33 1 network-SUNW, hme then i tried following #prtconf -v |grep net network, instance #0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Solaris ethernet interface

Hi, During the installation of solaris suppose I am configuring one ethernet interface that is primary but on my server there are 4 ethernet interfaces,because all other interface not configured, what is way to find out how many ethernet interfaces are there on Server, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
6 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

8. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Channel bonding Issue - Bond0 interface not getting up in on RHEL6

Hello, I am trying to set up Channel Bonding on a RHEL6 Virtual Box VM. I have 2 ethernet cards on the machine which are set up in Internal Network mode. I followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the RHEL6 deployment Guide, but for some reason i think results are not correct. Here are my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
dhcp6r(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 dhcp6r(8)

NAME
dhcp6r - DHCPv6 relay agent SYNOPSIS
dhcp6r [ -d ] [ client-options ] [ server-options ] DESCRIPTION
dhcp6r acts as DHCPv6 relay agent forwarding DHCPv6 messages from clients to servers and vice versa. DHCPv6 messages from clients are received at UDP port 547, they are forwarded to one or more DHCPv6 servers by multicast and/or unicast. DHCPv6 messages from servers to clients are also received at UDP port 547 and forwarded by unicast only. DHCPv6 messages received by multicast at a certain IPv6 interface are never forwarded by multicast to the same interface. If no options are present, the relay agent receives messages by unicast and multicast at all IPv6 interfaces, and all messages are for- warded to all IPv6 interfaces by multicast with the exception mentioned in the previous paragraph. If one or more client-options are present, then messages are only received as specified by the client options. If one or more server- options are present, then messages are only forwarded as specified by the server options. CLIENT-OPTIONS If no client-options are present, the relay receives messages by multicast and unicast at all IPv6 interfaces. If one or more client options are present, then messages are only received as specified by the client-options. In any case, the relay receives client messages by unicast. -cu This option can be used to configure the client such that it receives messages from clients or other relay agents by unicast only. It does not have any effect if a -cm option is present. -cm INTERFACE Accept client messages multicasted at IPv6 interface INTERFACE. The others are receiving only unicast messages. For specifying a set of interfaces, an instance of this option is required for each interface. SERVER-OPTIONS If no server-options are present, the relay forwards messages received from clients by multicast and unicast to all IPv6 interfaces, except the one, which the packet was received on. If one or more server-options are present, then messages are forwarded as specified by the server-options. -sm INTERFACE Forward all received client messages by multicast at IPv6 interface INTERFACE. For specifying a set of interfaces, an instance of this option is required for each interface. -su ADDRESS Forward all received client messages by unicast to the IPv6 address ADDRESS. For specifying a set of addresses, an instance of this option is required for each address. -sf INTERFACE+ADDRESS Forward all received client messages by unicast to the IPv6 address ADDRESS through the IPv6 interface INTERFACE. For specifying a set of combinations of interfaces and addresses, an instance of this option is required for each combination. The -sm, -su, and -sf options can be combined in arbitrary ways. OTHER OPTIONS
-d If this option is not present, dhcp6r will dump logging information into the file /var/log/dhcp6r.log. If the option is present, logging information will be sent to stderr instead. EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell: dhcp6r Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to all (other) IPv6 interfaces by multicast. dhcp6r -cu Receive messages from clients by unicast only, and forward them to all (other) IPv6 interfaces by multicast. dhcp6r -cm eth0 -cm eth2 Receive messages from clients at interfaces eth0 and eth2 by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to all IPv6 interfaces by multicast (except the one at which the message was received by multicast). dhcp6r -cm eth0 -cm eth2 -sm eth1 Receive messages from clients at interfaces eth0 and eth2 by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interfaces eth1 by multi- cast. dhcp6r -su fec0::204:ce33:763f:b34 -su fec0::504:ff33:73f:c557 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward a copy of them to each of the speci- fied addresses. dhcp6r -sm eth1 -su fec0::204:ce33:763f:b34 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interface eth1 by multicast and to the specified unicast address. dhcp6r -sm eth1 -sf eth0+fec0::504:ff33:73f:c557 Receive messages from clients at all IPv6 interfaces by multicast and by unicast, and forward them to interface eth1 by multicast and to the specified unicast address. For the unicast address it is enforced that the message will be sent through interface eth0. NOTES
For proper operation of dhcp6r, the host must have at least one global/site scope address assigned to each interface. FILES
/var/log/dhcv6r.log /var/run/dhcpv6/dhcp6r.pid BUGS
Report bugs via http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/ AUTHORS
See http://fedorahosted.org/dhcpv6/wiki/Authors dhcp6r(8)