Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying to install libtool from source - newbie Post 302888878 by bphqk3 on Tuesday 18th of February 2014 12:05:14 AM
Old 02-18-2014
Thank you so much! This was presented so clearly, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how install source file HP-UX

I want to install a source tar file using SAM . How do I do that? Also I want to update all installed software using SAM? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwagz
3 Replies

2. Debian

Kernel source not found. (can't install network card drivers)

I've had no luck with help on linuxquestions so I figured I'd try here. I'm using debian etch. The problem is that I can not install my network card because it says: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. I have the kernel-headers installed. I've looked all over the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Newbie - I just want a minimal install

I'm coming from BSD/Linux where I went from having to install gnome to now running *nix boxes with just the CLI. I love it but now I want to try my hand at solaris. I'm installing solaris 10 in a VM but I am kinda shocked at the install size. I would do the "core" option but I dont know if I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rapache, libtool, and Make on Solaris 10

I'd like to first off state that this is my second day using Solaris, so go easy on me. I am trying to install rapache on a Solaris 10 server, and I am running into some frustrating roadblocks. When running configure, I see that it creates its own libtool and sets the tag (according to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadonj18
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install kernel source?

During installation of one of driver i needed to Remove any earlier version drivers using make clean -r command. Where i m getting following error. # make clean -r Kernel source is not installed make: *** Error 1 My kernel version # uname -r 2.6.18-128.2.1.4.9.el5xen Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

7. Programming

Question re: remember to run `libtool --finish ...`

Hi. I port/package software for AIX and often get this message during "make install" libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /some/directory` I have run the command manually, and not run it. I am unable to see what difference it is making. Questions: What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with install aquila dsp library from source.

Hi All, I am trying to install aquila-dsp. an open source c++ library from dsp functions in my ubuntu 12.10. I downloaded the aquila source. configured, make and did make install. It seems to be installed in /usr/lib/aquila. The compile fails in linking when I try using api provided by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
0 Replies

9. Programming

Execution problem with Libtool Versioning control

Hi, Is anybody familiar with libtool could explain me the following issue.? I've created a small factorial program(fact_impl.c, fact_appln.c & fact.h) in order to know about this libtool. >>> fact.h #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> extern unsigned int fact_num(unsigned int num);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
0 Replies
LIBTOOLIZE(1)							   User Commands						     LIBTOOLIZE(1)

NAME
libtoolize - manual page for libtoolize 2.4.1a SYNOPSIS
libtoolize [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Prepare a package to use libtool. -c, --copy copy files rather than symlinking them --debug enable verbose shell tracing -n, --dry-run print commands rather than running them -f, --force replace existing files -i, --install copy missing auxiliary files --ltdl[=DIR] install libltdl sources [default: libltdl] --no-warn don't display warning messages --nonrecursive prepare ltdl for non-recursive make -q, --quiet work silently --recursive prepare ltdl for recursive make --subproject prepare ltdl to configure and build independently -v, --verbose verbosely report processing --version print version information and exit -h, --help print short or long help message The following space or comma delimited options can be passed to libtoolize via the environment variable LIBTOOLIZE_OPTIONS, unknown envi- ronment options are ignored: --debug enable verbose shell tracing --no-warn don't display warning messages --quiet work silently --verbose verbosely report processing You must `cd' to the top directory of your package before you run `libtoolize'. When reporting a bug, please describe a test case to reproduce it and include the following information: host-triplet: x86_64-apple-darwin11.2.0 libtoolize: (GNU libtool) 2.4.1a automake: automake (GNU automake) 1.11.1 autoconf: autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.68 AUTHOR
Written by Gary V. Vaughan <gary@gnu.org>, 2003 REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libtool@gnu.org>. GNU libtool home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/>. General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtoolize is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtoolize programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtoolize should give you access to the complete manual. libtoolize 2.4.1a October 2011 LIBTOOLIZE(1)