Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying to install libtool from source - newbie Post 302888873 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 17th of February 2014 11:39:21 PM
Old 02-18-2014
Welcome to Forums.

Follow this steps, and change --prefix=your/installation/path if required, by default installation path is /usr/local, I compiled with gcc

Code:
[akshay@aix Packs]$ wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.tar.gz

[akshay@aix Packs]$ tar -xvf libtool-2.4.tar.gz

[akshay@aix Packs]$ cd libtool-2.4

[akshay@aix libtool-2.4]$ pwd
/home/akshay/Desktop/Packs/libtool-2.4

[akshay@aix libtool-2.4]$ ./configure --disable-static --prefix=/home/akshay/Desktop/Packs/testlib

[akshay@aix libtool-2.4]$ make

[akshay@aix libtool-2.4]$ make install

[akshay@aix libtool-2.4]$ cd ../testlib/

[akshay@aix testlib]$ ls 
bin  include  lib  share

[akshay@aix bin]$ ls 
libtool  libtoolize

[akshay@aix bin]$ ./libtool --version
libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996

Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[akshay@aix bin]$ ./libtoolize --version
libtoolize (GNU libtool) 2.4
Written by Gary V. Vaughan <gary@gnu.org>, 2003

Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

---------- Post updated at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:07 AM ----------

Note : It's always good if you mention OS, shell you are using.
This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how install source file HP-UX

I want to install a source tar file using SAM . How do I do that? Also I want to update all installed software using SAM? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwagz
3 Replies

2. Debian

Kernel source not found. (can't install network card drivers)

I've had no luck with help on linuxquestions so I figured I'd try here. I'm using debian etch. The problem is that I can not install my network card because it says: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. I have the kernel-headers installed. I've looked all over the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Newbie - I just want a minimal install

I'm coming from BSD/Linux where I went from having to install gnome to now running *nix boxes with just the CLI. I love it but now I want to try my hand at solaris. I'm installing solaris 10 in a VM but I am kinda shocked at the install size. I would do the "core" option but I dont know if I'll... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rapache, libtool, and Make on Solaris 10

I'd like to first off state that this is my second day using Solaris, so go easy on me. I am trying to install rapache on a Solaris 10 server, and I am running into some frustrating roadblocks. When running configure, I see that it creates its own libtool and sets the tag (according to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadonj18
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install kernel source?

During installation of one of driver i needed to Remove any earlier version drivers using make clean -r command. Where i m getting following error. # make clean -r Kernel source is not installed make: *** Error 1 My kernel version # uname -r 2.6.18-128.2.1.4.9.el5xen Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

7. Programming

Question re: remember to run `libtool --finish ...`

Hi. I port/package software for AIX and often get this message during "make install" libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /some/directory` I have run the command manually, and not run it. I am unable to see what difference it is making. Questions: What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with install aquila dsp library from source.

Hi All, I am trying to install aquila-dsp. an open source c++ library from dsp functions in my ubuntu 12.10. I downloaded the aquila source. configured, make and did make install. It seems to be installed in /usr/lib/aquila. The compile fails in linking when I try using api provided by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
0 Replies

9. Programming

Execution problem with Libtool Versioning control

Hi, Is anybody familiar with libtool could explain me the following issue.? I've created a small factorial program(fact_impl.c, fact_appln.c & fact.h) in order to know about this libtool. >>> fact.h #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> extern unsigned int fact_num(unsigned int num);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
0 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)