Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort and list values from CSV Post 302888859 by Nevergivup on Monday 17th of February 2014 09:22:59 PM
Old 02-17-2014
Thanks for your help on this. Now i have a new requirement as mentioned below:

I have a CSV with below values

Code:
name,city,2,country
name,city,15,country
abc,wq,10,afdfd,
qeqe,ewqre,1,wqew
abd, we,2,qwqe

I need to sort them in ascending order based on the value of column 3 and then , pick the rows with values less than 10 and be able to display the columns in that row. Also if the column 3 values are same , I need to print only one row:

for eg:
Only one of the row needs to printed.
Code:
name,city,2,country 
abd, we,2,qwqe

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please mark code, sample input, and sample output with CODE tags; not your entire message.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-17-2014 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Reposition and add CODE tags.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare two csv files values and write into another csv file

Hi all, Am new to scripting. So i just need your ideas to help me out. Here goes my requirement. I have two csv files 1.csv 2.csv abc,1.24 abc,1 def,2.13 def,1 I need to compare the first column of 1.csv with 2.csv and if matches then need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnahyd
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the csv file

hello , the content of a csv file is looking like this... vah1 , imk4 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fmk1 , Not able to SSH vah1 , fk1 ,Not able to SSH vah1 , imk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , imk3 , Un-Secured vah1 , fmk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 , fmk1 , LDAP Secure. vah1 ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagendramv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return a list of unique values of a column from csv format file

Hi all, I have a huge csv file with the following format of data, Num SNPs, 549997 Total SNPs,555352 Num Samples, 157 SNP, SampleID, Allele1, Allele2 A001,AB1,A,A A002,AB1,A,A A003,AB1,A,A ... ... ... I would like to write out a list of unique SNP (column 1). Could you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort csv file

Hello, I am facing the following problem: I have a file in csv format. So several records where data fields are separated by comma ',' The lenght of the fields is variable, as well as the number of fields per record. But there are at least 7 fields per record. I need to sort the file based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSF
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

List unique values and count instances in .csv file

I need to take the second column of a .csv file and count the number of instances of each unique value in that same second column. I'd like the output to be value,count sorted by most instances. Thanks for any guidance! Data example: 317476,317756,0 816063,318861,0 313123,319091,0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batcho
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort help: How to sort collected 'file list' by date stamp :

Hi Experts, I have a filelist collected from another server , now want to sort the output using date/time stamp filed. - Filed 6, 7,8 are showing the date/time/stamp. Here is the input: #---------------------------------------------------------------------- -rw------- 1 root ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies
Address(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Address(3pm)

NAME
Palm::Address - Handler for Palm AddressBook databases SYNOPSIS
use Palm::Address; DESCRIPTION
The Address PDB handler is a helper class for the Palm::PDB package. It parses AddressBook databases. AppInfo block The AppInfo block begins with standard category support. See Palm::StdAppInfo for details. Other fields include: $pdb->{appinfo}{lastUniqueID} $pdb->{appinfo}{dirtyFields} I don't know what these are. $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{name} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{firstName} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{company} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone1} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone2} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone3} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone4} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone5} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone6} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone7} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{phone8} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{address} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{city} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{state} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{zipCode} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{country} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{title} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom1} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom2} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom3} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{custom4} $pdb->{appinfo}{fieldLabels}{note} These are the names of the various fields in the address record. $pdb->{appinfo}{country} An integer: the code for the country for which these labels were designed. The country name is available as $Palm::Address::countries[$pdb->{appinfo}{country}]; $pdb->{appinfo}{misc} An integer. The least-significant bit is a flag that indicates whether the database should be sorted by company. The other bits are reserved. Sort block $pdb->{sort} This is a scalar, the raw data of the sort block. Records $record = $pdb->{records}[N]; $record->{fields}{name} $record->{fields}{firstName} $record->{fields}{company} $record->{fields}{phone1} $record->{fields}{phone2} $record->{fields}{phone3} $record->{fields}{phone4} $record->{fields}{phone5} $record->{fields}{address} $record->{fields}{city} $record->{fields}{state} $record->{fields}{zipCode} $record->{fields}{country} $record->{fields}{title} $record->{fields}{custom1} $record->{fields}{custom2} $record->{fields}{custom3} $record->{fields}{custom4} $record->{fields}{note} These are scalars, the values of the various address book fields. $record->{phoneLabel}{phone1} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone2} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone3} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone4} $record->{phoneLabel}{phone5} Most fields in an AddressBook record are straightforward: the "name" field always gives the person's last name. The "phoneN" fields, on the other hand, can mean different things in different records. There are five such fields in each record, each of which can take on one of eight different values: "Work", "Home", "Fax", "Other", "E-mail", "Main", "Pager" and "Mobile". The $record->{phoneLabel}{phone*} fields are integers. Each one is an index into @Palm::Address::phoneLabels, and indicates which particular type of phone number each of the $record->{phone*} fields represents. $record->{phoneLabel}{display} Like the phone* fields above, this is an index into @Palm::Address::phoneLabels. It indicates which of the phone* fields to display in the list view. $record->{phoneLabel}{reserved} I don't know what this is. METHODS
new $pdb = new Palm::Address; Create a new PDB, initialized with the various Palm::Address fields and an empty record list. Use this method if you're creating an Address PDB from scratch. new_Record $record = $pdb->new_Record; Creates a new Address record, with blank values for all of the fields. The AppInfo block will contain only an "Unfiled" category, with ID 0. "new_Record" does not add the new record to $pdb. For that, you want "$pdb->append_Record". SOURCE CONTROL
The source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/p5-Palm/tree/master AUTHOR
Alessandro Zummo, "<a.zummo@towertech.it>" Currently maintained by brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
Palm::PDB(3) Palm::StdAppInfo(3) BUGS
The new() method initializes the AppInfo block with English labels and "United States" as the country. perl v5.10.1 2010-02-23 Address(3pm)