Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Postfix: emails addressed to multiple smart hosts Post 302888822 by max29583 on Monday 17th of February 2014 02:32:07 PM
Old 02-17-2014
RedHat Postfix: emails addressed to multiple smart hosts

Hi,

I am in process of setting up a SMTP server on RHEL 6 using Postfix.

I am stuck at one point so any help would be appreciated.

I have configured my xsender to use this new SMTP server as its mail server.

If I send any emails addressed TO example.com the SMTP server should use the DNS MX record and forward that email.

If I send any email to any domain APART from example.com the SMTP server should use "myrelayhost.com" as its Relay Host which is an Iron port device.

Basically I do not want any email going internally to organization to hit my Ironport Device "myrelayhost.com"

How is this possible using postfix?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Configuring POSTFIX to receive emails only from localhost

Hello, I am new to POSTFIX. My manager has asked me to configure POSTFIX running on a server to accept mail only from itself(localhost). Can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode mailx - send multiple emails

The following is an extract from one of my Shell Scripts which uses uuencode and mailx to send an email with multiple attachements: uuencode $LOG_REPORT $(basename $LOG_REPORT) uuencode $HTML_FILE $(basename $HTML_FILE ) ) | if then mailx -b "$COPY_TO" -s "$SUBJECT" -r "$MAIL_FROM"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suthera
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx script to do multiple emails

I am looking for a script that I can use with mailx to do the following: 1. Grab usernames from a flat file (one at a time) 2. Attach a file to the email and mail out. Thanks. Cubefeed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CubeFeed
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple emails via telnet in a script

Hi everyone, I'm writing a script that connect to telnet and write some email taking the RCPT from a file. My problem is the fact I'm not able to put all the addresses I have in the file as subject for the "RCPT TO:":confused:... Can anyone please help me? Thanks ps: I wrote this right... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_waspy
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the difference between the commands cd ~smart and cd ~/smart

Is it possible for both commands to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid multiple emails being sent - Counter, Loop?

Hello, I have currently coded a bash script below in which it does the following: # Archives compressed file from another location. Basically it moves *.gz files to another location. The script also sends an email whenever a new compressed file is placed. This is the issue that i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending files to multiple emails

Hi All, I want to send each file to each email id as below. Instead of writing saparate 10 mail commands can we do it in a simple step. file1.csv to raghu.s@hps.com file2.csv to kiran.m@hps.com file3.csv to kenni.d@hps.com file4.csv to rani.d@hps.com file5.csv to sandya.s@hps.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies