Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] awk oddity
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] awk oddity Post 302888687 by djzah on Sunday 16th of February 2014 08:05:08 PM
Old 02-16-2014
Thank You everyone for your posts. RudiC suggestion helped me greatly. Thank You!

I know that will take care of any comments that begin with
Code:
\\

Anyway to also add a way to ignore the comments that begin with
Code:
#

Last edited by djzah; 02-16-2014 at 09:20 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Textual oddity

This is my first post!! I really hope this question hasn't been asked a thousand times before(I'll bet it has). Anyway, here it is. I am new to the UNIX world by the way so forgive my ignorance. OK, whenever I write code on my windows machine and then try to port it over to UNIX I always get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jubba
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Su Password Oddity

Hello Forum, I am having an odd occurence. When i do a su in a terminal or console session, I am able get authenticated as superuser without using the full or correct root password. Anyone have any idea? -AJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobsa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTP oddity

I am using smartFTP client on my windows machine to connect to a linux box of mine (different location) to download some large files 100+meg. The linux box is running vsftp. After several minutes of downloading, the connection suddenly dies, and I cannot reconnect to the box via FTP using ANY... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
7 Replies

4. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TR squeeze oddity

I discovered that where 'tr -s' works as expected on grepped input, it appears to completely fail on dig results. I am not sure if this is because of some sort of non posix compliancy, or what. Here is what I did: The command below works as expected, squeezing all repeated spaces to a single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdmeyersc
3 Replies

6. BSD

Cron Oddity

Our webserver is running FreeBSD, for the last few days we have been having an issue with our cronjobs/mysql server. Specifically we have jobs that execute php scripts to do various things to the website. When running these php scripts manually, via external browser, or lynx on the server, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrfr0g
8 Replies

7. Programming

Java double subtraction oddity (not the usual rounding discrepancy)

I've been going through a java tutorial, and ran across some strangeness in this small example... class SqrRoot { public static void main(String args) { double num,sroot,rerr,resquare; for(num = 1.0; num < 100.0; num++) { sroot = Math.sqrt(num); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trones
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Sort Oddity

All, I'm baffled by some sort behavior on SunOS 5.10 and looking for guidance. Running the command: sort -t'|' -k5,5 -k7,7 -k1,1 -k2,2 -k3,3 -k6,6 -k8,8 test Against the file "test": thirdA||||first||second|Data thirdB||||first||second| thirdC||||first||second|Data... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System call oddity

Hi all, I'm trying to use bash to create a basic parser for some text, because basic grep/sed/awk have all my needs covered. So, I'm creating the chain of grep/sed I need and trying the execute that on the data I gather. The problem is, it's not working as it does when hardcoded. e.g. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beomagi
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)