Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode Post 302888580 by deviltech on Saturday 15th of February 2014 11:58:25 AM
Old 02-15-2014
Thanks to all

The problem has solved. I had installed the server mode thats why it is going in TUI mode after re installation in desktop mode graphical mode is available..

Thanks for helping...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting up in Redhat Linux 7.1

When I created the redhat installation, I configured it to boot directly into GNOME, but now I want it to boot into the shell login screen. How can I change that? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

<< booting problem with redhat 8.0 >>

i have the Redhat installed in this Hard Drive and i wanna use it in this old computer of mine.. it works fine in my new computer.. but when i put it in my old one.. which is.. P1 150MHz 32MBramz it wont load the kernal and keeps on restarting the computer.. keeps on goin like this.. i get the GRUB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Machine is booting to maintenance mode.

I had a power failure the other day and when my relatively new Solaris 10 machine rebooted it is thrown into maintenance mode. I've found the following lines in the /var/adm/messages file, I'm assuming this is the root cause of the problem. However, I don't have the slightest idea on how to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
9 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to distinguish standard system mode or trust system mode

I think that if the directory /tcb exists, HP-UX is in trusted mode and the passwd data is somewhere in /tcb/files/auth. But that's all I remember. Also I think recent versions of HP-UX can have a /etc/shadow file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. BSD

OpenBSD downgrades HDD transfer mode, I want to upgrade it WITHOUT BOOTING

Hi, I have a crappy hard disk and am trying to back up stuff from it onto my newer hopefully less crappy disk. There are dead sectors on the disk and some files can't be read (at all) so OpenBSD downgrades the transfer mode down until PIO mode 4. I noticed the transfer speed slowing down... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiori_musicali
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris in GUI mode

Hi we work on solaris machines and access them in Command line mode using telnet services. Can they be accessed in GUI mode. If yes please advice as I have came to know that Solaris 9.0 supports GUI mode also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Fedora booting in text mode (screen messes up)

Hello everyone Had a problem booting Fedora. I installed it as a server without any desktop environment(kde, gnome) except for X. Problem is when i booting system after it loads kernel suddenly screen messes up with parts of fedora graphics(it's not clear but you can see it -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimamu15
8 Replies

8. Hardware

How to go to GUI from text mode?

Dear All, i am trying to install the redhat linux using graphical mode...but it stucks while probing video card...i have installed linux using text mode it works fine and whole the installation goes fine. after installation if i give startx command it again stucks....looks like a vga card... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheer.gr8
9 Replies

9. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

10. Fedora

[SOLVED] How to be the ROOT through GUI mode in fedora 15

Whenevr i am trying to access ROOT file in Fedora 15 by double clicking, its showing I dont have enough permission to access it and its not showing the inside access... How to solve it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amisubha
4 Replies
desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				      desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)

NAME
desktop_color_depth - Finds out the desktop color depth. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int desktop_color_depth(); DESCRIPTION
Finds out the currently selected desktop color depth. You can use this information to make your program use the same color depth as the desktop, which will likely make it run faster because the graphic driver won't be doing unnecessary color conversions behind your back. Under some OSes, switching to a full screen graphics mode may automatically change the desktop color depth. You have, therefore, to call this function before setting any graphics mode in order to retrieve the real desktop color depth. Example: allegro_init(); ... if ((depth = desktop_color_depth()) != 0) { set_color_depth(depth); } RETURN VALUE
Returns the color depth or zero on platforms where this information is not available or does not apply. SEE ALSO
get_desktop_resolution(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 desktop_color_depth(3alleg4)