Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF Post 302888508 by lakers646 on Friday 14th of February 2014 03:58:43 PM
Old 02-14-2014
Using CSH and need to convert html to PDF

Hi,
I am currently using the below code and it throws an error saying badly placed ()'s. I am not sure if this right way to convert html to PDF, please help..I am using C-shell script

Code:
system ("../html2doc pdf 1000 portrait html$prnfile.html $prnfile.pdf ")
print "Content-type:application/pdf \n\n"
create(file,"<$prnfile.pdf")

Last edited by Perderabo; 02-15-2014 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: add code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Convert PCL to PDF

We're looking for a program that can convert Text and PCL formats into a PDF. We're not looking to spend a fortune so my search so far has come up empty handed as everyone wants an arm and a leg. I found txt2pdf, but that doesn't support PCL formats. Any help would be appreciated. TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randle2I
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

convert pdf's to word

Does anyone know any good tools to convert a pdf to word, I can usually cut & paste without a hitch but I have a pdf that doesn't like that and surrounds text with lines as though a table or prints tables in miniscule text. It's only one pdf file so I'm reluctant to buy a product. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting html to pdf perl

Hi All, I have a requirement of converting an html form into pdf using perl. The html form contains images, tables and css implementation. I tried using various perl modules but failed to achive the target. I succeeded in generating a pdf from the html file using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Fetch html page convert to pdf automatically via cmd or other means, shortcut

Hi, Im used to compiling when i stumble upon some interesting topics in the net and convert it into pdf files unto my HD for future reference's. I using the chrome print to pdf procedure since firefox html to pdf don't work correctly. I just wonder in someone do same thing and did it in a easy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from csh to sh

Dear all I am installing some eda software using script. My OS is ubuntu 10.04 and the eda software writing in csh. Since ubuntu reading script file in sh writting. I need someone can help me to convert some definition in script from csh to sh. Below is part of script set archinfo =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tompham
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML to PDF...

Hello, I am new to UNIX system. I want to convert HTML file to some non-editable format as we ship this doc to our customer. I am looking for following scripts/utilities: 1. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in PDF format. 2. Script/Utility to convert HTML file in Postscript format. 3.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Swami
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email HTML + PDF attachment?

I am attempting to write a script where I can pass in parameters ( to , from, the location of a pdf attachment ) and send an email that has HTML for the body content and a PDF as an attachment. I have failed to achieve this with sendmail and mutt. I recently found this. If there are any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
2 Replies
Image::ExifTool::PDF(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Image::ExifTool::PDF(3pm)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::PDF - Read PDF meta information SYNOPSIS
This module is loaded automatically by Image::ExifTool when required. DESCRIPTION
This code reads meta information from PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format) files. It supports object streams introduced in PDF-1.5 but only with a limited set of Filter and Predictor algorithms, however all standard encryption methods through PDF-1.7 extension level 3 are supported, including AESV2 (AES-128) and AESV3 (AES-256). AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2011, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. REFERENCES
<http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/pdf/index_reference.html> Crypt::RC4 <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf> <http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/adobe_supplement_iso32000.pdf> <http://tools.ietf.org/search/rfc3454> <http://www.armware.dk/RFC/rfc/rfc4013.html> SEE ALSO
"PDF Tags" in Image::ExifTool::TagNames, Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.4 2011-03-10 Image::ExifTool::PDF(3pm)