Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How a windowing system is implemented in C ? Post 302888497 by coolatt on Friday 14th of February 2014 02:17:47 PM
Old 02-14-2014
i read very quickly the ncurses manual.

but my question is at a much lower level how the code accesses the bare graphics card?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free software like proftpd or wu-ftpd implemented under SSH

Anybody can to suggest to me a ftp software like proftpd or wu-ftpd (ftp with chroot for users) implemented with tunneling under SSH. Thanks in advance. Hugo. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What do you want to see implemented in Unix ?

Hello all, I just want to ask everyone what does he/she want to see implemented in Unix ? Applications, services, drivers, modules ? Just mention it here :) Thank you very much in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: core-ix
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Windowing system

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. In a linux text I have seen that the display is managed by X windowing system. Please give some details about the working of X windowing system. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Jaysamson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysamsonp
1 Replies

4. Linux

swapon: Function not implemented

Hi, Trying to add a swap file to my server as below: dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile1 bs=1M count=2048 2048+0 records in 2048+0 records out 2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 27.4514 seconds, 78.2 MB/s # mkswap -c /swapfile1 Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 2147479 kB # swapon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
6 Replies

5. Programming

Algorithm needs to be implemented in JAVA

Hi, I need to implement this algorithm in JAVA. I tried to write half of the code But I stopped in the other half. The algorithm: Marking procedure at router R: let R' = Bitlntereave(R, Hash(R)) let k be the number of non-overlapping fragments in R' for each packet w let x be a random... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
0 Replies

6. Linux

X Windowing Free Open Source Software at Windows Desktop

I am using a ssh session for my org Linux box to do all my installation work. Recently I installed a X Serve app but could not start its execution cause neither I am sure if X Server is running or not nor of how the app output (X windowing app) would be rendered on a Windows desktop from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies
ncurses5-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						ncurses5-config(1)

NAME
ncurses5-config - helper script for ncurses libraries SYNOPSIS
ncurses5-config [options] DESCRIPTION
This is a shell script which simplifies configuring applications against a particular set of ncurses libraries. OPTIONS
--prefix echos the package-prefix of ncurses --exec-prefix echos the executable-prefix of ncurses --cflags echos the C compiler flags needed to compile with ncurses --libs echos the libraries needed to link with ncurses --version echos the release+patchdate version of ncurses --abi-version echos the ABI version of ncurses --mouse-version echos the mouse-interface version of ncurses --bindir echos the directory containing ncurses programs --datadir echos the directory containing ncurses data --includedir echos the directory containing ncurses header files --libdir echos the directory containing ncurses libraries --mandir echos the directory containing ncurses manpages --terminfo echos the $TERMINFO terminfo database path, e.g., /usr/share/terminfo --terminfo-dirs echos the $TERMINFO_DIRS directory list, e.g., /etc/terminfo:/lib/terminfo:/usr/share/terminfo --termpath echos the $TERMPATH termcap list, if support for termcap is configured. --help prints this message SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). ncurses5-config(1)