Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How a windowing system is implemented in C ? Post 302888497 by coolatt on Friday 14th of February 2014 02:17:47 PM
Old 02-14-2014
i read very quickly the ncurses manual.

but my question is at a much lower level how the code accesses the bare graphics card?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free software like proftpd or wu-ftpd implemented under SSH

Anybody can to suggest to me a ftp software like proftpd or wu-ftpd (ftp with chroot for users) implemented with tunneling under SSH. Thanks in advance. Hugo. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What do you want to see implemented in Unix ?

Hello all, I just want to ask everyone what does he/she want to see implemented in Unix ? Applications, services, drivers, modules ? Just mention it here :) Thank you very much in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: core-ix
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Windowing system

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. In a linux text I have seen that the display is managed by X windowing system. Please give some details about the working of X windowing system. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Jaysamson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysamsonp
1 Replies

4. Linux

swapon: Function not implemented

Hi, Trying to add a swap file to my server as below: dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile1 bs=1M count=2048 2048+0 records in 2048+0 records out 2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 27.4514 seconds, 78.2 MB/s # mkswap -c /swapfile1 Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 2147479 kB # swapon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
6 Replies

5. Programming

Algorithm needs to be implemented in JAVA

Hi, I need to implement this algorithm in JAVA. I tried to write half of the code But I stopped in the other half. The algorithm: Marking procedure at router R: let R' = Bitlntereave(R, Hash(R)) let k be the number of non-overlapping fragments in R' for each packet w let x be a random... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
0 Replies

6. Linux

X Windowing Free Open Source Software at Windows Desktop

I am using a ssh session for my org Linux box to do all my installation work. Recently I installed a X Serve app but could not start its execution cause neither I am sure if X Server is running or not nor of how the app output (X windowing app) would be rendered on a Windows desktop from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies
Graphics2D(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Graphics2D(3pm)

NAME
PDL::Graphics2D - An object oriented interface to PDL graphics SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Graphics2D; $win = PDL::Graphics2D->new(<Interface>, <Options>); $w = imag2d( $image, 'Title Here', ... ); DESCRIPTION
This is an umbrella class allowing for a simple interface to all plotting routines in PDL. On its own it does not do any work it merely passes information to the appropriate class. Ideally this should probably offer a uniform interface to a variety of packages. This requires a lot more work before it is useful I feel, but it can be used already. CONSTRUCTORS
new Create a 2-D graphics object with the requested interface type FUNCTIONS
imag2d Display a 2-D image in a figure window imag2d() creates a plain FreeGLUT OpenGL window and displays the input image with 1:1 aspect ratio for pixels. The window resize is constrained to the actual ratio of the image dimensions. The initial display size is currently a 200x200 window to prevent things from being too small by default. The image to display can have dimensions ($c,$M,$N) where for $c==4 the display is in GL_RGBA, for $c==3 the display is GL_RGB, for $c==2 the display is GL_LUMINANCE_ALPHA, and for $c==1 or for for dimensions ($M,$N) then the display is GL_LUMINANCE. This routine does not yet thread but multiple images may be viewed at the same time in separate windows by multiple calls to imag2d(). TriD graphics visualization windows and the imag2d() windows may be created and used independently. NOTE: If you are twiddling a TriD window, the imag2d() windows are active as well. If you call twiddle() the sub, only the imag2d() windows will update correctly. $window_id = imag2d($image, $name, $zoom, $x_off, $y_off); creates a new image figure window from the input piddle with the given title, zoom factor, and position (if possible) $window_id - may be used to refer to the figure window $image - 2D image piddle with at least 2 or 3 dimensions e.g. [M,N], [1,M,N], [2,M,N], [3,M,N], [4,M,N] $name - the name to use for the figure window (optional) $zoom - desired (float) pixel zoom factor (optional) ($x_off, $y_off) - desired window pixel position (optional) with (0,0) as the top left pixel of the display use PDL::Graphics2D; # imports imag2d() and twiddle() $a = sequence(64,48,3); # make test RGB image $a = $a->mv(2,0); # color must be dim(0) with size [0..4] $a /= $a->max; # pixel values in [0.0,1.0] $a = sin(10*$a); $w1 = imag2d($a); # with parens... $w2 = imag2d $a->sqrt; # or without $w3 = imag2d $a**2; imag2d_update Update an existing imag2d window with new piddle data $image = random(3,64,48)/2 + 0.25; # random pixel image $win = imag2d($image); # create original image display imag2d_update($win, $image->sequence/$image->nelem); # update data "imag2d_update" allows one to update an "imag2d" display window by replacing the associated image data with new contents. The new image data must be the same type and shape as the previous. Eventually, we would like to implement this via some sort of dataflow that would be transparent to the user. twiddle Enable GUI interaction with a FreeGLUT display window. twiddle(); Runs the FreeGLUT event loop so window GUI operations such as resize, expose, mouse click,.. work perl v5.14.2 2012-02-10 Graphics2D(3pm)