Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configuring 'auditd' service to not store the audit logs in /var partition Post 302888462 by Anti_Evil on Saturday 15th of February 2014 05:07:06 AM
Old 02-15-2014
Thank you bartus,

I'll check on this, and I'll be back to update the result.

Thanks,

---------- Post updated 02-15-14 at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous update was 02-14-14 at 07:16 PM ----------

Thank you again, It worked fine Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Found service running during audit

Hello all! During a network audit, I came across a host running a service on a high port (34604). Not recognizing the port, I used a tool called 'amap' (THC-AMAP - fast and reliable application fingerprint mapper) to fingerprint it. This tool also did not fingerprint it correctly, but did... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan.king
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

partition out /var

Hi If You were the systems administrator of a mail server that services approximately 3,000 users. 2,000 users access their email via a POP-3 service, while the remaining 1,000 users access their email via a Unix mail reader. Recently users have complained about speed of disk access, so a new 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semaphore
1 Replies

3. Linux

sending messages from auditd logs to syslog server

I have the auditd running and I need to send the audit logs to a remote syslog server. Anyideas on how to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathenge
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Secure & Audit logs

Hi all I am trying to add secure and audit logs to logrotate for a client whom wants the logs for a period of 6 months, compressed/zipped weekly for auditing. I am terrible with logrotate and since there isn't default settings for both logs, I created two new entries in my /etc/logrotate.d/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

/var partition full need help

My /var partition is almost utilized ... Here am not sure where to release space now OS/model : HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 # bdf /var Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol9 6144000 6142176 1824 100% /var <root@pb>/var # du -sk * | sort -n |... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
20 Replies

6. Solaris

How to view audit logs in Solaris?

Does anyone know if there is software written to view the audit logs generated by Solaris? I am referring the the logs created by auditd. It produces an unreadable log. I am familiar with auditreduce and praudit, but I am looking for something that produces a report, much like logwatch looks at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/audit full

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (having multiple non global zones running on it). Its /var is getting full to 100% and I can see, there are files getting added to /var/audit. There are large in number, so even if I clearing them, it is filling /var. In past 24 hours, there are 53000 files are added. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How can i enable audit logs for global zone and standard zones?

HI Community, how can i configure audit logs for global zones and standard zone. i have enabled and started auditd service and it went to maintenance mode. please help me to configure that Thanks & Regards, BEn (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Settings audit logs for different tasks. Help me!!!

Hi guys. I have to set audit logs on certain events on a solaris 10 server. While I had no problems on linux, I'm going crazy to do the same thing on solaris 10, since I don't have enough expertise on this OS . I should be able to identify these 4 different events: 1: Tracking all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menofmayhem
2 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)