Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Network administration problem Post 302888442 by vbe on Friday 14th of February 2014 09:09:27 AM
Old 02-14-2014
This is missing:
Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted!
Code:
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

3. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

4. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course)

We need it also to understand what you are asked with what you are permitted ( Our own limits to helping you... )

What OS are you running on?
Quote:
I tried also to create users by going to each machine and adding the user itself... but I figured I'll lose grades over that.
It depends what /how the server are configured, by the look of the class you are following, could it be you are using NIS+ or an LDAP?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Administration Software

Hi guys, I'm not very familiar with UNIX.. still have a lot to learn. I also interested in Networking... Can anyone tell me what are the tool or software for network administration which we can monitor our network activities such as network traffic analysis,can capture and decode network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nucleus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX OS problem? network problem?

Dear ALL. I installed AIX OS on customer sites. but Only one site is too slow when I connected telnet, ftp.. Ping is too fast. but telnet and FTP is not connected.. of course i check the configuration file on aix but it's normal. Do any Idea?? thanks in advance. - Jun - (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeon Jun Seok
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun blade 1500 installation and administration problem

Hi I'm completely new in solaris,and don't know many about it. I was installed solaris 10 on sun blade 1500,and also I need to install oracle on it. Now I stuck on some thing and i'm sure that you help me. When i started Oracle installation system told me that I don't have enogh swap space.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dirtyjack
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System/Network Administration Tools

Sorry for making this post so generic. I'm trying to see if there are tools that exist that look at local network/system configurations and find problems... for example: - NTP server configured that cannot be reached (can cause the system to drift because nobody is alerted to the fact that the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)