Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare the values of a column in a same file using awk? Post 302888428 by Don Cragun on Friday 14th of February 2014 08:01:35 AM
Old 02-14-2014
I repeat: Is this a homework assignment?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to extract last column of a file and compare the values

Hi, I am new to unix and I need help in solving below mentioned issue, really appreciate ur help. I have a file sam, john, 2324, 07142007 tom, thomson, 2343, 07142007 john, scott, 2478, 07142007 its a comma delimited file, I need to extract the last column from each line and this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yerruhari
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare two files using awk or sed, add values in a column if their previous fields are same

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have two files file1: abc,def,ghi,5,jkl,mno pqr,stu,ghi,10,vwx,xyz cba,ust,ihg,4,cdu,oqw file2: ravi,def,kishore ramu,ust,krishna joseph,stu,mike I need two output files as follows In my above example, each row in file1 has 6 fields and each row in file2 has 3... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare values of fields from same column with awk

Hi all ! If there is only one single value in a column (e.g. column 1 below), then return this value in the same output column. If there are several values in the same column (e.g. column 2 below), then return the different values separated by "," in the output. pipe-separated input: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the second column of a file with the second column of another in awk

Hi, I know that this topic has been discussed in the past and I've tried to follow all the guidelines. Anyhow, I following describe my problem. I have a file (file1 , no. records = 67) containing pairs of IP addresses as follows (with single space as delimiter between the fields): example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files column values using awk

Judi # cat File1 judi /export/home 76 judi /usr 83 judi # judi # cat File2 judi /export/home 79 judi /usr 82 judi # if COLUMN3 of File2 is greater that COLUMN3 of File1, then print File2's lines juid /export/home 79 Code tags please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: judi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare Values between column in the same file

Input File:- COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 COLUMN4 COLUMN5 COLUMN6 SMS Email AO Mail Post N Cell VEGE Potato E W 396 12 0 384 0 0 0 0 0 VEGE Onion S W 17 0 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 FRUIT APPLE N W 549 61 0 0 0 0 0 488 0 FRUIT APPLE SE W 291 14 239 38 0 10 0 0 0 FRUIT APPLE EAMS W 397 32 309 56 309 309 0... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nina2910
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare values in multiple rows in one column using awk

I would like to compare values in column 8, and grep the ones where the different is > 1, columns 1 and 2 are the key for array. Every 4 rows the records values in columns 1 and 2 changed. Then, the comparison in the column 8 need to be done for the 4 rows everytime columns 1 and 2 changed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux