Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh & sudo
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh & sudo Post 302888423 by squrcles on Friday 14th of February 2014 07:46:39 AM
Old 02-14-2014
I still get the password prompt,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xwindows over ssh after sudo?

ok...I'm stumped on this one. I cannot figure out how to carry over my environment variables with a sudo command. I need to install an application under root and only have sudo access to get there. I can use ssh -Y <host> and launch an xwindows session successfully as myself but as soon as I sudo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo for solaris 8 & 9

Dear ALL please can anyone tell me from where can i install sudo for solaris 8 & 9 and how i can install it in the solaris server . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo & chdev

I have an error when using chdev with sudo as follows; sudo chdev -l rmt0 -a block_size=512 chdev: 0514-518 Cannot access the CuDv object class in the device configuration database. I've added chdev in sudoers but still get the error, I guess it's something to do with CuDv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating Sudo ssh script

Hi Experts, I am new to Shell scripting. I want to login to a server using a script. The normal command I use is --> sudo ssh <Servername> . when i tried putting this into a txt format file and tried running, it throw an error "can't execute". I am an Admin and i have root access. Any help would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom1989
6 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users. The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui> It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandk
1 Replies
FIRMWAREPASSWD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 FIRMWAREPASSWD(8)

NAME
firmwarepasswd -- tool for setting and removing firmware passwords on a system SYNOPSIS
firmwarepasswd [-setpasswd] [-setmode mode] [-mode] [-check] [-delete] [-verify] [-unlockseed] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The firmwarepasswd command is used to add or remove firmware passwords from a system as well as check status and other options. The firmwarepasswd command requires root privileges to run. A list of flags and their descriptions: -setpasswd Prompts to add a new firmware password or change and existing password if one exists. -setmode mode Set the mode to "command" or "full". "Command" will prompt for the firmware password if the user attempts to boot from a different volume. "Full" will prompt on every startup (not recommended). -mode Displays the current mode if one is set. -check Displays whether or not a firmware password is set. -delete Prompts for password and clears both password and the mode if correct. -verify Prompts for password and displays success if correct. -unlockseed Generates a firmware password recovery key. Note: Machine must be stable for this command to generate a valid seed. No pending changes that need a restart. NOTE: Seed is only valid until the next time a firmware password command runs. -h Displays a list of all the commands available in the firmwarepasswd tool, with explanatory information. FILES
/usr/sbin/firmwarepasswd OS X
April 9, 2014 OS X