Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How a windowing system is implemented in C ? Post 302888416 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of February 2014 07:27:44 AM
Old 02-14-2014
Xwindows is usually based on the ncurses library. See what your manual page for ncurses shows you.

This is a good how-to document:

NCURSES Programming HOWTO
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free software like proftpd or wu-ftpd implemented under SSH

Anybody can to suggest to me a ftp software like proftpd or wu-ftpd (ftp with chroot for users) implemented with tunneling under SSH. Thanks in advance. Hugo. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What do you want to see implemented in Unix ?

Hello all, I just want to ask everyone what does he/she want to see implemented in Unix ? Applications, services, drivers, modules ? Just mention it here :) Thank you very much in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: core-ix
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Windowing system

Hi All, I am new to UNIX. In a linux text I have seen that the display is managed by X windowing system. Please give some details about the working of X windowing system. Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Jaysamson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaysamsonp
1 Replies

4. Linux

swapon: Function not implemented

Hi, Trying to add a swap file to my server as below: dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile1 bs=1M count=2048 2048+0 records in 2048+0 records out 2147483648 bytes (2.1 GB) copied, 27.4514 seconds, 78.2 MB/s # mkswap -c /swapfile1 Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 2147479 kB # swapon... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
6 Replies

5. Programming

Algorithm needs to be implemented in JAVA

Hi, I need to implement this algorithm in JAVA. I tried to write half of the code But I stopped in the other half. The algorithm: Marking procedure at router R: let R' = Bitlntereave(R, Hash(R)) let k be the number of non-overlapping fragments in R' for each packet w let x be a random... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
0 Replies

6. Linux

X Windowing Free Open Source Software at Windows Desktop

I am using a ssh session for my org Linux box to do all my installation work. Recently I installed a X Serve app but could not start its execution cause neither I am sure if X Server is running or not nor of how the app output (X windowing app) would be rendered on a Windows desktop from where I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uunniixx
3 Replies
IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)														 IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table DESCRIPTION
ip6tables-save is used to dump the contents of an IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection provided by your shell to write to a file. -M modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> SEE ALSO
ip6tables-restore(8), ip6tables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. Jan 30, 2002 IP6TABLES-SAVE(8)