Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows Post 302888310 by blackrageous on Thursday 13th of February 2014 07:06:19 PM
Old 02-13-2014
I am confused by this statement ...

"This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing"

As far as I know Hummingbird Exceed is an X emulator...so it's a client..specially an xwindow client for windows. Note there are a number of other X emulators (like one under cygwin...exceed is one of the best, but many folks are switching to vnc). Also, it sounds like the actual Oracle Supply Chain Planning runs on a unix server (o/s is unclear).

launch exceed from windows scheduling and pass in command line parameters to start the xwindow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix based message board software??

hello i'm looking for a unix based software program to create a message board on a speciality car related website i am donating my time to develop. since i am a mac person with only javascript knowledge, no unix i need a very easy to admin. application. free or cheap. thanks james (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesjames
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can see my linux box from unix but from windows based

I have a company lan, we have workstations and we have servers. I have 3 unix servers, and 2 linux servers. I can ping one of the linux servers from windows, but the other one gets no reply, However, from my unix boxes i can telnet AND ping both linux boxes. The 2 linux boxes are on different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

license of software package

Hi when i do a swlist on my HP-UX machine it displays the software packages ..How do i know whether those packages are licensed or freeware can any 1 help me best Regards vasanth (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

5. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MAC OSX and UNIX server based software

I am a MAC user evaluating electronic medical record software. I found a package which is UNIX server based. Can anyone tell me if MAC OS X can be used in this situation. The software is nexgen (www.nexgen.com). How UNIX "compatible" is MAC OS X? I apologize for my very limited UNIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaye32608
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix Software on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can anyone help me to find a unix editor/software which will work in windows. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresanv
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX based / like OS suggestions to dual boot with Windows

Hello everybody! I'm a long-time windows user with some very limited experience with some Linux distributions. I'm a programmer (in training), but I've worked mostly with .NET stuff. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and was issued a MacBook Pro to work on. I have fallen in love with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egill
3 Replies

9. Programming

awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines

Dear All I need awk script to automated the other software command lines. I am having input files like "shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz" to "shape_eon_input_968.oeb.gz" total of 968 files. For each files i have to run command line " eon -dbase shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access UNIX server based on windows

I want to look up log files on the unix server. My machine is windows 7 pro. I can view them from windows explorer but it is slow because huge amount logs files there. Is there a way or tools to quickly access it? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
7 Replies
XRaiseWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XRaiseWindow(3X11)

Name
       XRaiseWindow, XLowerWindow, XCirculateSubwindows, XCirculateSubwindowsUp, XCirculateSubwindowsDown, XRestackWindows - change window stack-
       ing order

Syntax
       XRaiseWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XLowerWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XCirculateSubwindows(display, w, direction)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  int direction;

XCirculateSubwindowsUp(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XCirculateSubwindowsDown(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XRestackWindows(display, windows, nwindows);
	  Display *display;
	  Window windows[];
	  int nwindows;

Arguments
       direction Specifies the direction (up or down) that you want to circulate the window.  You can pass or

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

nwindows  Specifies the number of windows to be restacked.

w	 Specifies the window.

windows	 Specifies an array containing the windows to be restacked.

Description
       The function raises the specified window to the top of the stack so that no sibling window obscures it.	If the windows are regarded as
       overlapping sheets of paper stacked on a desk, then raising a window is analogous to moving the sheet to the top of the stack but leaving
       its x and y location on the desk constant.  Raising a mapped window may generate events for the window and any mapped subwindows that were
       formerly obscured.

If the override-redirect attribute of the window is and some other client has selected on the parent, the X server generates a event, and
       no processing is performed.  Otherwise, the window is raised.

can generate a error.

The function lowers the specified window to the bottom of the stack so that it does not obscure any sibling windows.  If the windows are
       regarded as overlapping sheets of paper stacked on a desk, then lowering a window is analogous to moving the sheet to the bottom of the
       stack but leaving its x and y location on the desk constant.  Lowering a mapped window will generate events on any windows it formerly
       obscured.

If the override-redirect attribute of the window is and some other client has selected on the parent, the X server generates a event, and
       no processing is performed.  Otherwise, the window is lowered to the bottom of the stack.

can generate a error.

The function circulates children of the specified window in the specified direction.  If you specify raises the lowest mapped child (if
       any) that is occluded by another child to the top of the stack.	If you specify lowers the highest mapped child (if any) that occludes
       another child to the bottom of the stack.  Exposure processing is then performed on formerly obscured windows.  If some other client has
       selected on the window, the X server generates a event, and no further processing is performed.	If a child is actually restacked, the X
       server generates a event.

can generate and errors.

The function raises the lowest mapped child of the specified window that is partially or completely occluded by another child.  Completely
       unobscured children are not affected.  This is a convenience function equivalent to with specified.

can generate a error.

The function lowers the highest mapped child of the specified window that partially or completely occludes another child.  Completely unob-
       scured children are not affected.  This is a convenience function equivalent to with specified.

can generate a error.

The function restacks the windows in the order specified, from top to bottom.  The stacking order of the first window in the windows array
       is unaffected, but the other windows in the array are stacked underneath the first window, in the order of the array.  The stacking order
       of the other windows is not affected.  For each window in the window array that is not a child of the specified window, a error results.

If the override-redirect attribute of a window is and some other client has selected on the parent, the X server generates events for each
       window whose override-redirect flag is not set, and no further processing is performed.	Otherwise, the windows will be restacked in top to
       bottom order.

can generate error.

Diagnostics
       Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XUnmapWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XRaiseWindow(3X11)