Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking SQL DB Availability
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking SQL DB Availability Post 302888296 by Yoda on Thursday 13th of February 2014 05:06:58 PM
Old 02-13-2014
Try sourcing .profile:
Code:
ssh -l myuser UNIXSERVER ". ~/.profile; sqlplus ????@????/????"

OR use absolute path of sqlplus:
Code:
ssh -l myuser UNIXSERVER "/path_to_sqlplus/sqlplus ????@????/????"

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of Web pages through Unix script

Hi Guru's, I need to check the availability of a web page for every one hour through a script. Following is the requirement. 1. Go to http://vsn.srivsn.com 2. If any error encountered in openeing the home page, it should trigger an email with the appropriate error message. 3. If page opens... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Printer availability

Hi, Im new in shell programming. I need to know the availability for specific printers. We send requests from solaris to printers located at an NT server. My idea is creating a shell that will monitor availbaility and send an email when something is wrong. I have a file with printers and its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agsarm1971
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking sql connectivity in unix

hi, i am using a sqlplus connection in one of my shell scripts. i want to check if the connection is set properly or not.. can i use '$?' to check the status of the sql connectivity..? or is there any other option to do that..? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of service

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FOR BELOW QUESTION CHECKING AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE IN LINUX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
2 Replies

7. Programming

Checking columns in SQL, comparing user input and sizes.

I'm writing a KSH shell script that's using SQL though DB2. If I have a table defined and populated db2 "create table tb(num int,letter char(4))" db2 "insert into tb values(111,a) db2 "insert into tb values(112,b) db2 "insert into tb values(111,c) How can I check if a letter user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script should keep checking for availability of files.

Hi, I want my script to check for availability of few files contineously for some time. Lets say from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM script should keep checking on a particular location for each file one by one. If all the files are available then only it should complete the next processing part, else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
2 Replies

9. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies

10. Programming

Dynamically checking rules in database tables using SQL

I want to check for rows in a table where all values (except the key) is empty. I am using MySQL 5.5. I plan to do this mechanically, so the approach should work for any table in my database schema. Suppose for illustration purposes I start with the following table: CREATE TABLE `sources` ( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies
GCHEM3D(1)						       gnome-chemistry-utils							GCHEM3D(1)

NAME
gchem3d - a small chemical viewer application SYNOPSIS
gchem3d [OPTION(S)...] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
gchem3d is a small chemical viewer application, which can show several chemical file formats. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted: -b COLOR, --bgcolor=COLOR Use the given color as background color. COLOR can be one of "black" (default), "white", "#rrggbb" (don't forget to escape the "#" character in the shell). -d MODEL, --display3d=MODEL Choose how molecules are displayed. MODEL can be one of "BallnStick" (default), "SpaceFill". -?, --help Show application help options. --help-all, --help-* Print all or just a group of help options. These options are not documented here. Instead see gtk-options(7) and gnome-options(7). -v, --version Print gchem3d version information. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHORS
Jean Brefort <jean.brefort@normalesup.org> Program author. Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> Manpage author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Jean Brefort Copyright (C) 2004-2007 Daniel Leidert Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. gcu 0.12 $Date: 2009-03-19 10:53:47 +0100 (jeu. 19 mars 2009) $ GCHEM3D(1)