Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows Post 302888289 by pfaloney on Thursday 13th of February 2014 03:41:15 PM
Old 02-13-2014
Automating an UNIX Based Software Package on Windows

The company I am with is using Oracle Supply Chain Planing 8.12.1 with JDE 8.12. This is a Unix based system running on Windows Servers using Hummingbird Exceed Version 14 for interactive processing

We are currently attempting to automate the Advance Planning Agent flows on a couple of Windows Servers. All the documentation shows how to automate it once a UNIX Window is open. Our ultimate goal is to schedule the flows and to eliminate the human intervention. This will free up 5 to 10 hours a week (probably more) for other duties and a more normal workday.

Has anyone automated flows on a window server and how did they do it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix based message board software??

hello i'm looking for a unix based software program to create a message board on a speciality car related website i am donating my time to develop. since i am a mac person with only javascript knowledge, no unix i need a very easy to admin. application. free or cheap. thanks james (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesjames
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can see my linux box from unix but from windows based

I have a company lan, we have workstations and we have servers. I have 3 unix servers, and 2 linux servers. I can ping one of the linux servers from windows, but the other one gets no reply, However, from my unix boxes i can telnet AND ping both linux boxes. The 2 linux boxes are on different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Unix on my Windows based computer

Hi Everyone... I am very interested in the Unix/Linux/Knoppix world and would like to eventually become proficient in the programming aspect of it all. Is it possible to use Knoppix in a partitioned drive on my Windows based computer to learn programming in Unix? Or do I need to partition my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rev. Enant
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

license of software package

Hi when i do a swlist on my HP-UX machine it displays the software packages ..How do i know whether those packages are licensed or freeware can any 1 help me best Regards vasanth (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

5. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

MAC OSX and UNIX server based software

I am a MAC user evaluating electronic medical record software. I found a package which is UNIX server based. Can anyone tell me if MAC OS X can be used in this situation. The software is nexgen (www.nexgen.com). How UNIX "compatible" is MAC OS X? I apologize for my very limited UNIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaye32608
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Unix Software on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can anyone help me to find a unix editor/software which will work in windows. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresanv
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX based / like OS suggestions to dual boot with Windows

Hello everybody! I'm a long-time windows user with some very limited experience with some Linux distributions. I'm a programmer (in training), but I've worked mostly with .NET stuff. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and was issued a MacBook Pro to work on. I have fallen in love with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egill
3 Replies

9. Programming

awk script for automating the other commercial software command lines

Dear All I need awk script to automated the other software command lines. I am having input files like "shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz" to "shape_eon_input_968.oeb.gz" total of 968 files. For each files i have to run command line " eon -dbase shape_eon_input_1.oeb.gz -besthits 47000 -prefix... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access UNIX server based on windows

I want to look up log files on the unix server. My machine is windows 7 pro. I can view them from windows explorer but it is slow because huge amount logs files there. Is there a way or tools to quickly access it? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
7 Replies
flow-expire(1)						      General Commands Manual						    flow-expire(1)

NAME
flow-expire -- Manage storage of flow file archives by expiring old data. SYNOPSIS
flow-expire [-h] [-d debug_level] [-e expire_count] [-E expire_size] -w workdir DESCRIPTION
The flow-expire utility will remove the oldest flow files in a directory based on either a count of files or space utilization. The direc- tory is recursively searched for flow files. Files that do not have a flow-tools signature will be ignored. The internal timestamp is used so backups or copies of the flow files that do not retain the original timestamp will not impact the operation of flow-expire. flow- expire is typically used to manage storage in a distributed environment where flows are collected on a different server than they are archived. OPTIONS
-d debug_level Enable debugging. -e expire_count Retain the maximum number of files so that the total file count is less than expire_count. -E expire_size Retain the maximum number of files so that the total storage is less than expire_size. The letters b,K,M,G can be used as multi- pliers, ie 16 Megabytes is 16M. -h Display help. -w workdir Work in workdir. EXAMPLES
Remove the oldest flow files in /flows/krc4 until the total storage is less then 2 Gigabytes. flow-expire -E2Gig -w /flows/krc4 Remove the oldest flow files in /flows/krc4 until the total number of files is less then 100. flow-expire -e100 -w /flows/krc4 BUGS
Empty directories are not removed. AUTHOR
Mark Fullmer maf@splintered.net SEE ALSO
flow-tools(1) flow-expire(1)