Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to print the line that share exactly same with column one content Post 302888180 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 13th of February 2014 05:22:22 AM
Old 02-13-2014
Try something like:
Code:
awk '{for(i=2; i<=NF; i++) if($i!=$1) next}1' file

Note that this would also match lines that have only one field, which may or may not be what you want..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script - Print Content of next line

Good evening to you all perl experts I need your help I have a very simple script where I´m trying to print a line from status.dat file. The script will find the line containing "servicestatus", and I want to print the content of the next line. For example, the file contains this text:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add a new line between different column data content?

Input file: Germany 10 500 5000 Germany 20 500 5000 Germany 50 10 500 England 5 10 25 USA 30 25 55 USA 20 35 90 Japan 2 5 60 Singapore 50 30 90 Singapore 150 230 290 Output file: Germany 10 500 5000 Germany 20 500 5000 Germany 50 10 500 England 5 10 25 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data reformat if share share content

Input data: read1_data1 read1_data1 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read4_data1 read5_data1 . . Desired output result: read1_data1 read1_data2 read2_data1 read3_data1 read4_data1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this http://unix.com/abc/def http://unix.com/kil/min I want to use the / as separator and print the last content as another column like this http://unix.com/abc/def def http://unix.com/kil/min min I was using awk -F option and then joining the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the column content based on the header

i have a input of csv file as below but the sequence of column get changed. I,e it is not necessary that name comes first then age and rest all, it may vary. name,age,marks,roll,section kevin,25,80,456,A Satch,23,56,789,B Meena,24,78,H245,C So i want to print that column entires which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print next line beside preceding line on column match

Hi, I have some data like below: John 254 Chris 254 Matt 123 Abe 123 Raj 487 Moh 487 How can i print it using awk to have: 254 John,Chris 123 Matt,Abe 487 Raj,Moh Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2009
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)