Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Signal out from fork()'d shell script back to the C++ application Post 302888143 by mirni on Wednesday 12th of February 2014 09:28:26 PM
Old 02-12-2014
Fantastic!
Thank you guys for pointing me in the right direction!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script signal handler

AIX 4.3.3 I am trying to write a signal handler into a ksh shell script. I would like to capture the SIGTERM, SIGINT, and the SIGTSTP signals, print out a message to the terminal, and continue executing the script. I have found a way to block the signals: #! /bin/ksh SIGTERM=15 SIGINT=2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

signal handling in shell script

Hi can any please tell me is it possible to catch the signal in a shell script like we do in C. if yes please give me some idea or a link. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write shell script to take back up

Helo, I want to write shell script which takes back of all binaries (exe files). and when i uninstall the upgraded system which automatically restore the old binary which we have take as back up. can u tell me how to write such shell scripts. Regards, Amit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from C program by calling fork and execl

I need to write a c program that uses the fork and excel system calls to run the shell script mode invoked like this: "./mode 644 ls -l" (that is the argumetns will always be 644 ls -l) here's the mode script: #!/bin/sh octal="$1" shift find . -maxdepth 1 -perm $octal -exec $@ {} \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ADD signal stop commands in Shell Script

Hi , I do have a shell which test the connectivity using ssh, soon after the login it should use the keys Ctrl + z or Ctrl + c to exit from login promt. So how do i need to implement these . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How trap a signal in shell script?

Hi , i have a scenario where...i have to put a check where if script is executing more than 15mins i have to kill that script and n retry again 2nd time. i this case i can use background process to do it but i feel trap will be the efficent way to do so... but i dont know much about it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to suppress the status of fork in shell script

When command is executed by forking, the console displays the status of that command. I want to suppress it.. how to do it ? Example: var1=`date` & echo "hello world"; output: hello world + Done var1=`date` I want to suppress the second line "+ Done var1=`date`". I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to call fork() in shell script? New to linux

Hi, I'm writing a shell script where I want to call fork(). However I wrote like this "var=fork()" in c style and got this error: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' " How could I call fork() in shell script? Thanks in advance. Duplicate Post - Continue Here - Please Do Not Cross Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xiaoya
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Help: how to call fork() in shell script? New to linux

Hi, I'm writing a shell script where I want to call fork(). However I wrote like this "var=fork()" in c style and got this error: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' " How could I call fork() in shell script? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xiaoya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing control back to the shell script

Hi All, I have a shell script(test_abc.sh) with the following shell commands, which are invoking the same shell script with different parameters. test_abc.sh . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . ./test.sh xyz >> test.log . ./test.sh pys >> test.log . ./test.sh abc >> test.log . . ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
4 Replies
glutSetCursor(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutSetCursor(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSetCursor - changes the cursor image of the current window. SYNTAX
void glutSetCursor(int cursor); ARGUMENTS
cursor Name of cursor image to change to. Possible values follow: GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the right. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the left. GLUT_CURSOR_INFO Pointing hand. GLUT_CURSOR_DESTROY Skull & cross bones. GLUT_CURSOR_HELP Question mark. GLUT_CURSOR_CYCLE Arrows rotating in a circle. GLUT_CURSOR_SPRAY Spray can. GLUT_CURSOR_WAIT Wrist watch. GLUT_CURSOR_TEXT Insertion point cursor for text. GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR Simple cross-hair. GLUT_CURSOR_UP_DOWN Bi-directional pointing up & down. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_RIGHT Bi-directional pointing left & right. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_SIDE Arrow pointing to top side. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_SIDE Arrow pointing to bottom side. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_SIDE Arrow pointing to left side. GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_SIDE Arrow pointing to right side. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_FULL_CROSSHAIR Full-screen cross-hair cursor (if possible, otherwise GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR). GLUT_CURSOR_NONE Invisible cursor. GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT Use parent's cursor. DESCRIPTION
glutSetCursor changes the cursor image of the current window. Each call requests the window system change the cursor appropriately. The cursor image when a window is created is GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT. The exact cursor images used are implementation dependent. The intent is for the image to convey the meaning of the cursor name. For a top-level window, GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT uses the default window system cursor. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
GLUT for X uses SGI's _SGI_CROSSHAIR_CURSOR convention to access a full-screen cross-hair cursor if possible. SEE ALSO
glutCreateWindow, glutCreateSubWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSetCursor(3GLUT)