Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup solution using rsync
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup solution using rsync Post 302888104 by blackrageous on Wednesday 12th of February 2014 03:32:21 PM
Old 02-12-2014
are you on windows?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

enterprise backup solution

We are using sun_sparc solaris 2.5.1 with oracle database 8.0.5 We are considering to buy for buying backup software for this purpose . Our systems integrator says veritas could not be installed due to some technical reasons (they are veritas authorised dealer) . And is suggesting Netvault... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun and backup solution

My company is in the process of building a new datacenter and I am responsible for setting up the backup environment (everything from racking to implementation). I guess it is pretty basic but I don't have much experience with the initial setup. What we have so far is a SunV890 (backup server), Sun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jshwon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems using rsync in Leopard with SSH... seeking solution/alternative

Precursor: ...it may sound like I'm at least somewhat comfortable with Unix, but I'm far from it. Layman's terms would be greatly appreciated :) Okay, so here's the situation. I created a website using iWeb, and I'm not using a .Mac account (you can sync website in one click if you do). Being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
4 Replies

4. AIX

Backup solution

Hello, I'm looking for a backup solution for my system. I have 3 AIX virtual partitions running on a IBM p5 server. Each partition has it's data on a DS4700 storage server. Also, I have a RedHat running on an IBM p720. This server has the tape hardware. I would like to know if I can backup from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
4 Replies

5. AIX

Offsite Backup Solution

I'm looking for a program or some way to backup my server to another location onto another server. Does anyone have any ideas? What utility, server O/S(I would like to use Linux RH or CentOS)? Whats the best way to do this? I am fairly new with Unix. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITAdmin08
6 Replies

6. Linux

Backup solution

Hi all, i am not sure whether i selected the right topic or not, so excuse me, well i am mainly a Windows admin, but i do *NIX administration from time to time, for now i need to use an open source solution for backup windows environment mainly, i spent last days playing with bacula and backupPC,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync backup

How do i use Rsync yo pickup only new or modified files from source? I am using rsync -ravzpotu --delete-excluded but sometimes it goes thru all files again (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprool
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync better use for backup

Hello, I have a list of working directory in a remote computer acesssible through ssh and the same directory structure in my home directory of my laptop. I sometimes work on both my laptop and my this other computer. I usually use Rsync this way to synchronize files rsync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XUnmapWindow(3X11)

Name
       XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows

Syntax
       XUnmapWindow(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

XUnmapSubwindows(display, w)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

w	 Specifies the window.

Description
       The function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an event.  If the specified window is already unmapped, has no
       effect.	Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed.  Any child window will no longer be visible until another
       map call is made on the parent.	In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped.  Unmapping
       a window will generate events on windows that were formerly obscured by it.

can generate a error.

The function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order.  It causes the X server to generate an event
       on each subwindow and events on formerly obscured windows.  Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one
       at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11) XRaiseWindow(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XUnmapWindow(3X11)