Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to exit from a server?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to exit from a server? Post 302888031 by mohtashims on Wednesday 12th of February 2014 10:38:38 AM
Old 02-12-2014
So, how can i get it to exit from the server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH to a server and exit out

Hi, Can someone please help me in resolving this issue - I am doing SSH from a server 1 to another server 2 and executing some statements there and then automatically exit out of second server to the first where script was getting executed. Can you please help me script this code ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajpuneyani
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is meaning of exit(0) and exit(1)

can u tell me what is the meaning of exit(0),exit(1),exit(2) what is diff amonng these. Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on how to exit a script run on a server from a remote server

hi, I am using the below line to run a script from remote server(say server A) to another server(say server B). ssh username@servername ksh script name. The issue is the script logs into server B, executes the script on server B, transfers the file to server A but does not exit from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exit prompt when starting a weblogic administration server remotely?

Hi, I am trying to start Weblogic Admin server using start-up script (./startWeblogic.sh) from a remote host using a different user. The server starts fine but prompt is stuck, it does not return Background: We have multiple admin servers in different environment and the requirement is all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the difference between exit 1 & exit 7

Hi In one of the script I am seeing some thing like exit 7,exit 1,exit 2,exit 3,exit 9,exit6.What is the difference between all of this exit.Can anyone help here please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

7. Debian

How to exit debian server terminal?

I have an situation that are quite strange to me. I am not able to exit the server terminal and enter back into my home computer terminal by the command exit like I used to be able to exit the server terminal with before. I end up into my root shell again without even typing the root password like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonathan Sander
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep staying on remote server after executing a shell script with if then exit end statement?

i have a "if .. then exit end " in s shell script on remote servers. now the connection to the remote server got killed after i run this script on the remote servers. How do i run this script on remote hosts and still keep remote connections alive after executing the script. Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonmonk
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)