Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Installing mysql:sudo launchctl: command not found Post 302888026 by vbe on Wednesday 12th of February 2014 10:26:41 AM
Old 02-12-2014
Quote:
launchctl load -w /comdotmysql.mysql.plist

**Error message
-bash: launchctl: command not found.
I would start be wondering what is it that is not found...
Code:
which launchctl

and if that gives nothing start to look for the damn beast using find command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo: command not found

I am totally newbie. I try to login UNIX Solaris 10 through ssh command as user then i use sudo command to login as root: sudo su - but system give me an error sudo: not found. How can i fix this problem and install ssh services for my unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cthinh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sh: sudo: not found

As I am trying to log in, when input my user-name (root), when the password prompt, this is what I got (highlighted in red), before i can put in my password. Please tell my why this happened. console login: root Password: sh: sudo: not found Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Error in installing the mysql-python-1.2.3.tar.gz

Hi, I followed the step written in README. It got some error message when I type " #python setup.py build" running build running build_py copying MySQLdb/release.py -> build/lib.solaris-2.11-i86pc-2.4/MySQLdb running build_ext building '_mysql' extension /usr/lib/python2.4/pycc -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
2 Replies

5. BSD

Installing MySQL package

Hey all I'm having a little trouble installing a MySQL database. This is what I tried... export PKG_PATH=ftp://mirror.planetunix.net/pub/OpenBSD/4.9/packages/`machine -a` pkg_add -v mysql-server mysql-client and this is what I get Unknown element: @rcscript /etc/rc.d/mysqld in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: desreguard
1 Replies

6. BSD

Installing FreeBsd. No usb device found

Hello, all. My english is not good. I have a problem installing FreeBsd. I have not CD-Roms, so i use program FlashBoot for convert iso-image to USB Device. After, I was beginning to install FreeBsd (Sorry my english) When it's time to choose an installation media, i select 9 USB:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snet
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

launchctl loads app with icon (OS X)

We are deploying an app to our students that is running as a daemon. It keeps them from using certain software. The problem is that when we initially deploy it we don't want to require a restart. So we decided to use launchctl to load the daemon manually. When we do it this way, though, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem in installing mysql

Hi i am trying to install mysql rpm package on my linux machine but getting below error : warning: MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5 error: Failed dependencies: MySQL-devel is needed by MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD