Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search id from second file and append in first Post 302887875 by gina.lizar on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 10:19:50 AM
Old 02-11-2014
ahamed, the code has been running for 6 hrs without any output so far, file1 is 29 MB and file2 is 8 GB..is there a way to speed up things? Also I think searching the same string just once will save a lot of time.

still no output, help please?

Last edited by gina.lizar; 02-11-2014 at 01:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Append

All, I stuck up for the logic, how to implement the below thing in script. -Search for <a class="string-array"> line and in next line of search string append with <string>java</string> in a xml file The problem here is, <a class="string-array"> occurs multiple places in the xml. I just... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl search and append new line

Dear All, I want search two lines and append some string in between these lines. Input file tmp,123 ,10:123 tmp,666 ,50:999 tmp,2:19800 5,3:21. tmp,2:19800 55555555 tmp,2:19800 5,3:21.Output should be tmp,123 ,10:123 tmp,666 ,50:999 tmp,2:19800 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep search and append

I'm sure glad I found this forum... This is my first post, so please be gentle... ;) I tried searching everywhere, but the terminology is so common that I cannot find a solution to my problem. I'm looking for a GREP statement to do the following... I need a search and append function... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmanke
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to search for a string and append text only once

Hi I am trying to search for a particular occurrence of a string in a file, and if found, append another string to the end of that line. Here is my file contents: column1 userlist default nowrite=3 output=4 column2 access default nowrite=3 Here is the code: A="user=1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bludhemn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in a file

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958 only in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and append words in the same file using unix scripting file operations

Hi , I have a file myhost.txt which contains below, 127.0.0.1 localhost 1.17.1.5 atrpx958 11.17.10.11 atrpx958zone nsybhost I need to append words only after "atrpx958" like 'myhost' and 'libhost' and not after atrpx958zone. How to search the word atrpx958(which is hostname) only,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsreeni
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a particular field length and append '0' if less less than 10

Hi, I am new to Unix. Please help me in finding solution for the below scenario. I have a flat file that contains data like 378633410|3013505414|new_378633410|ALBERT|WALLS|378633410|Rew||||||| 351049045|239|new_351049045|JIM|COOK|351049045|Rew|||||||... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandek
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and append using SED?

I have file . cat hello.txt Hello World I would like to append a string "Today " so the output is cat hello.txt Hello World Today I dont know which line number does the "Hello World" appears otherwise I could have used the Line number to search and append . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace+append a text in python

Hello all, I have a verilog file as following (part of it): old.v: bw_r_rf16x32 AUTO_TEMPLATE ( 1957 // .rst_tri_en (mem_write_disable), 1958 .rclk (clk), 1959 .bit_wen (dva_bit_wr_en_e), 1960 .din ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
5 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help Give a short help message. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files=EXPRESSION Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --folders=EXPRESSION Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music=EXPRESSION Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums=ALBUM Search for music albums matching ALBUM (optional). --music-artists=ARTIST Search for music artists matching ARTIST (optional). -l, --images=EXPRESSION Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos=EXPRESSION Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents=EXPRESSION Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails=EXPRESSION Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts=EXPRESSION Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)