Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup ZFS filesystems to files on USB drive? Post 302887819 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 02:42:02 AM
Old 02-11-2014
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi , We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions. I need the OS backup to be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart: creating zfs filesystems

Is it possible to create zfs pools and filesystems using the profile file in jumpstart? edit to add: using Solaris 10 Release 11/06 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding and removing ZFS filesystems in Zones

I have a Solaris 10 container that is running on ZFS filesystems being presented from the Global Zone. I have a filesystem presented to the Local zone and my user wants me to remove it. It there any way I can remove this while the zone is running? I tried unmounting it from the local zone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

6. SCO

Complete backup of system spanning all filesystems

how would a make a complete backup of all files spanning all file systems on my SCO box to tape? i read somewhere: find . -print | cpio -ocv > /dev/rStp0 from / ... will this do it?? (yes /dev/rStp0 is my tape drive) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS adding new filesystems to a non-global zone

Hi Guys I have one Global Zone and 2 non-global zones. root@solar109 # zoneadm list -icv ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP 0 global running / native shared 20 solar109b running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fryzh
1 Replies

9. SuSE

In KDE Copy completed not always mean files were copied to USB flash drive - how to fix it?

I have noticed that when I copy files to flash disk and in UI I see message copy completed in notification area on task bar, usually copy is not completed. So, if I eject the media I loose data. It is very serious problem because may cause loss of valuable and even critical data. Moreover, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)