Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX To get only the cpu info from the topas command terminal Post 302887750 by bakunin on Monday 10th of February 2014 03:53:27 PM
Old 02-10-2014
The topas tool is a full-screen tool and its output is not well suited for filtering it in a pipeline. I suggest you use vmstat instead, which presents the same information (albeit in different form, but well suited for filtering).

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bus speed and CPU info

Hi, Is there a command I can use to find out how many CPU's and what type are on my server? (I was told to use cat /proc/cpuinfo) Also, how do I know what kind of bus speeds are on my server? Thanks in advance:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

cpu info

is there a single command or location from which one can get information like cpu Mhz,cpu cache...etc in HP UX:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijayca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command topas

hi, everybody i have a problem about performane in unix when i run topas, there 1 form show, there are many parameter about memory,cpu,.... i want to know detail about those example : MEMORY Real,MB 12287 % Comp 25.0 % Noncomp 75.8 % Client 0.5 comp mean ? 25 mean ? 25MB or 25%memory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokienlua
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

CPU Info

Hi, I am going to buy a software that is licenced per CORE. I have a HPUX B1123 64 bit with 8 cpus. How can i know how many cores are in my machine ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic command for CPU info

Dear all, Is there any generic command working on all Unix listing the CPU of a server? I found different command line per OS but I am looking for a more generic one. Thanks for your answer. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoiffon
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with TOPAS command

I used the TOPAS command to get top 20 process information by routing the output to a file. But the output is not very readable. can ayone explain how to read the output, or how to interpret the information? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginnyr1
3 Replies

7. AIX

topas and mpstat disagree on CPU count

I have a number of LPARs on one P520. All LPARs are running 5.3 and I observe the following: On some LPARs the number of CPUs found do not match between topas and mpstat. Server 1: $ mpstat System configuration: lcpu=4 ent=0.2 mode=Uncapped cpu min maj mpc int cs ics rq ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with topas command

How do i display only one iteration of topas command. Ideally i would topas -P to show only one instance rather than keep on running. is there any swicth? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on topas command

Hi, how to grep data from topas command...for example i have to grep owner from topas command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies

10. AIX

Topas - CPU count inconsistent across LPARs

seeing weirdness across some 7.1.5.1 LPARs - they all have 2 vCPUs allocated shared. With prtconf they show 2 CPUs, 'lsdev -c processor' concurs, and 'lsattr -El procX' shows that SMT is enabled and there are 2 SMT threads (power5, sorry). Yet running topas on them shows 2 CPUs on some and 4 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
pid(n)                                                         Tcl Built-In Commands                                                        pid(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pid - Retrieve process identifiers SYNOPSIS
pid ?fileId? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If the fileId argument is given then it should normally refer to a process pipeline created with the open command. In this case the pid command will return a list whose elements are the process identifiers of all the processes in the pipeline, in order. The list will be empty if fileId refers to an open file that is not a process pipeline. If no fileId argument is given then pid returns the process identi- fier of the current process. All process identifiers are returned as decimal strings. EXAMPLE
Print process information about the processes in a pipeline using the SysV ps program before reading the output of that pipeline: set pipeline [open "| zcat somefile.gz | grep foobar | sort -u"] # Print process information exec ps -fp [pid $pipeline] >@stdout # Print a separator and then the output of the pipeline puts [string repeat - 70] puts [read $pipeline] close $pipeline SEE ALSO
exec(n), open(n) KEYWORDS
file, pipeline, process identifier Tcl 7.0 pid(n)