Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin Post 302887724 by vbe on Monday 10th of February 2014 11:46:48 AM
Old 02-10-2014
In other words you want an office Job, SYSADMIN isnt one... that is why the wage is also different... you cant have both...
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Suse Linux Admin ?

I have just been handed two new Suse 7.2 Linux systems to Administer. We are wanting to setup monitoring of applications, file system space, etc. Are there standard log directories that an experienced Admin would put scripts, log files, documentation, etc. or just put it under the /root Home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

I want to become a Linux admin..

Hi , I have skill set in unix/shell scripting. But I would like to become a linux admin..So could you please help on this.. 1) what are the things need to be learn, 2) any reference should be appreciable. 3) or any website.. THanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies
TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job - A single testing job. VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job; DESCRIPTION
Represents a single test 'job'. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $job = TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job->new( $filename, $description ); Given the filename and description of a test as scalars, returns a new TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job object. Instance Methods "on_finish" $self->on_finish(&method). Register a closure to be called when this job is destroyed. The callback will be passed the "TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job" object as it's only argument. "finish" $self->finish; Called when a job is complete to unlock it. If a callback has been registered with "on_finish", it calls it. Otherwise, it does nothing. Attributes $self->filename; $self->description; $self->context; These are all "getters" which return the data set for these attributes during object construction. "filename" "description" "context" "as_array_ref" For backwards compatibility in callbacks. "is_spinner" $self->is_spinner; Returns false indicating that this is a real job rather than a 'spinner'. Spinners are returned when the scheduler still has pending jobs but can't (because of locking) return one right now. perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::Scheduler::Job(3)