Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin Post 302887590 by Jacktts on Sunday 9th of February 2014 07:44:19 AM
Old 02-09-2014
Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that.
  • Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ?
  • Can't we have shift timings in any company ?
  • Eventhough the job nature is 24/7 ..Is it possible us to work in any 8 hours or in day shifts ? ( like 3 persons sharing each 8 hours for a day)
  • Do we have such companies and any one you people are working on that ?
  • I dont want to work on neither Rotational shifts Nor Night shifts.
Please , please refer such companies ..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Suse Linux Admin ?

I have just been handed two new Suse 7.2 Linux systems to Administer. We are wanting to setup monitoring of applications, file system space, etc. Are there standard log directories that an experienced Admin would put scripts, log files, documentation, etc. or just put it under the /root Home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Name 10 commands every Linux and Unix admin should know

I'm working on further developing my Unix skills and I'm just curious what some of the experienced admins out there would consider to be 10 essential commands every admin should know. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arkitech
12 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

4. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

I want to become a Linux admin..

Hi , I have skill set in unix/shell scripting. But I would like to become a linux admin..So could you please help on this.. 1) what are the things need to be learn, 2) any reference should be appreciable. 3) or any website.. THanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies
BN_set_bit(3openssl)						      OpenSSL						      BN_set_bit(3openssl)

NAME
BN_set_bit, BN_clear_bit, BN_is_bit_set, BN_mask_bits, BN_lshift, BN_lshift1, BN_rshift, BN_rshift1 - bit operations on BIGNUMs SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bn.h> int BN_set_bit(BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_clear_bit(BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_is_bit_set(const BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_mask_bits(BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_lshift(BIGNUM *r, const BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_lshift1(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a); int BN_rshift(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a, int n); int BN_rshift1(BIGNUM *r, BIGNUM *a); DESCRIPTION
BN_set_bit() sets bit n in a to 1 (a|=(1<<n)). The number is expanded if necessary. BN_clear_bit() sets bit n in a to 0 (a&=~(1<<n)). An error occurs if a is shorter than n bits. BN_is_bit_set() tests if bit n in a is set. BN_mask_bits() truncates a to an n bit number (a&=~((~0)>>n)). An error occurs if a already is shorter than n bits. BN_lshift() shifts a left by n bits and places the result in r (r=a*2^n). BN_lshift1() shifts a left by one and places the result in r (r=2*a). BN_rshift() shifts a right by n bits and places the result in r (r=a/2^n). BN_rshift1() shifts a right by one and places the result in r (r=a/2). For the shift functions, r and a may be the same variable. RETURN VALUES
BN_is_bit_set() returns 1 if the bit is set, 0 otherwise. All other functions return 1 for success, 0 on error. The error codes can be obtained by ERR_get_error(3). SEE ALSO
bn(3), BN_num_bytes(3), BN_add(3) HISTORY
BN_set_bit(), BN_clear_bit(), BN_is_bit_set(), BN_mask_bits(), BN_lshift(), BN_lshift1(), BN_rshift(), and BN_rshift1() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 BN_set_bit(3openssl)