Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matched a pattern from multiple columns Post 302887509 by vgersh99 on Saturday 8th of February 2014 10:23:58 AM
Old 02-08-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by redse171
I just want "M" that exist in 2 columns not more or less than that. add55 has M in column 4, which is not what i want. thanks
Code:
awk -v cols='2 3' -f red.awk myFile

red.awk:
Code:
BEGIN {
  FS="\t"
  if (!cols) cols="2 3 4 5"
  if (!val) val="M"
  nc=split(cols, colsA, " ")
}
{
  p=0
  for(i=1;i<=nc;i++)
    ($colsA[i]==val)?p++:p--
  if (p==nc && p+1==NF) print $1
}

if it still doesn't work, please provide the output of cat -vet myFile using the code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word after a matched pattern

Hello, Actually i want to replace the word after a matched pattern. For Ex: lets say that i am reading a file line by line while read line do echo $line # i need to search whether a pattern exists in the file and replace the word after if the pattern exist. # for example :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last matched pattern using perl

Hi, If there exist multiple pattern in a file, how can I find the last record matching the pattern through perl. The below script searches for the pattern everywhere in an input file. #! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl BEGIN { $pattern or warn"Usage: $0 -pattern='RE' \n" and exit 255;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing lines around a matched pattern

I have an ugly conf file that has the string I'm interested in searching for in the middle of a block of code that's relevant, and I'm trying to find a way to remove that entire block based on the matched line. I've googled for this problem, and most people helping are only interested in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamale
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert certain field of matched pattern line above pattern

Hello every, I am stuck in a problem. I have file like this. I want to add the fifth field of the match pattern line above the lines starting with "# @D". The delimiter is "|" eg > # @D0.00016870300|0.05501020000|12876|12934|3||Qp||Pleistocene||"3 Qp Pleistocene"|Q # @P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How convert space separated list to matched columns?

Hi I have been racking my (limited) brains to get this to work without success I have a file output which is a list of lists - ie a single column of data that is separated by space into sub lists below - I need to both split this so that each list is in a separate column (eg tab or semicolon... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together substrings if pattern is matched

What I would like to do is if the lines with % have the same name, then combine the last 9 letters of the string underneath the last occurrence of that ID with the first 9 letters of the string underneath the first occurrence of that ID. I have a file that looks like this: %GOGG... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files when pattern matched

I have two files say FILE1 and FILE2. FILE1 contains 80,000 filename in sorted order and another file FILE2 contains 6,000 filenames is also in sorted order. I want to compare the filename for each file and copy them in to a folder when filename is matched. File1.txt contain 80,000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
8 Replies
menu_format(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      menu_format(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_format, set_menu_format - set and get maximum numbers of rows and columns in menus SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> int set_menu_format(MENU *menu, int rows, int cols); void menu_format(MENU *menu, int *rows, int *cols); DESCRIPTION
set_menu_format() sets the maximum number of rows and columns of items that may be displayed at one time on a menu. If the menu contains more items than can be displayed at once, the menu will be scrollable. menu_format() returns the maximum number of rows and columns that may be displayed at one time on menu. rows and cols are pointers to the variables used to return these values. RETURN VALUES
set_menu_format() returns one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An incorrect argument was passed to the routine. E_POSTED The menu is already posted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_format(3CURSES)